Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
HF Spindle supply v...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

HF Spindle supply voltage?

8 Beiträge
3 Benutzer
0 Likes
5,218 Ansichten
 Tim
(@huff)
Trusted Member
Themenstarter

The motor for HF Spindle 350/500 is described as "three-phase". Am I right in thinking that this would not work off a British domestic mains voltage of 240V-60hz single-phase AC?

By the way, the "ask a question about this product" button on the Product details/Product Reviews box for this product (and maybe others?) appears broken, hence the question here.

Veröffentlicht : 01/12/2014 6:57 pm
(@rory)
Reputable Member

Hi Huff, thanks for the question here.

The motor is three phase - the motor driver systen is powered by single phase. So the standard supply will work (UK mains is 50Hz).

Three phase can cost up to 10k to install! Might be a bit over kill for a wee STEPCRAFT! 😉

Veröffentlicht : 01/12/2014 7:21 pm
 Tim
(@huff)
Trusted Member
Themenstarter

Many thanks Rory, I have a number of questions, so I'll keep them to this thread if I may, rather than start multiple ones...

The project I have in mind will involve a great deal of drilling small holes accurately, and cutting of shapes, mostly in flat alloy sheet of thicknesses ranging between .05mm and 3mm. With that in mind, would you recommend the HF Spindle in 500w over the Proxxon?

Veröffentlicht : 02/12/2014 5:10 am
Andreas
(@magio2)
Famed Member

A forum is more usefull if each topic/question has its own thread. Otherwise you'd have to digg into each thread to see weather your question has been discussed elsewhere already. In contrast you only have to check the headlines.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Veröffentlicht : 02/12/2014 8:12 am
(@rory)
Reputable Member

Many thanks Rory, I have a number of questions, so I'll keep them to this thread if I may, rather than start multiple ones...

The project I have in mind will involve a great deal of drilling small holes accurately, and cutting of shapes, mostly in flat alloy sheet of thicknesses ranging between .05mm and 3mm. With that in mind, would you recommend the HF Spindle in 500w over the Proxxon?

Topic opened up here

Veröffentlicht : 02/12/2014 9:28 pm
(@rory)
Reputable Member

A forum is more usefull if each topic/question has its own thread. Otherwise you'd have to digg into each thread to see weather your question has been discussed elsewhere already. In contrast you only have to check the headlines.

agreed - this is the best way

Veröffentlicht : 02/12/2014 9:29 pm
 Tim
(@huff)
Trusted Member
Themenstarter

I will adopt this henceforth, I was merely trying to avoid cluttering-up your forum with lots of my posts!

Veröffentlicht : 02/12/2014 10:58 pm
(@rory)
Reputable Member

Post away - you have a question? Chances are 8/10 have the same one. Post away!

Veröffentlicht : 03/12/2014 3:59 pm
Teilen: