Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
4th axis module for...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

4th axis module for bespoke application

4 Beiträge
2 Benutzer
0 Likes
4,767 Ansichten
(@jcc26)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

Hi,

I have a StepCraft 300 machine.

I want to know whether adding the 4th axis module with the upgrade to WinPC-NC software will allow me to 'plug in' a Stepper motor of my own with a 9 pin D‐sub male connector and run 4 axis gcode?

Or is the 4th axis module somehow constrained to using the Circular table with three jaw chuck?

Many thanks,

Jack

Veröffentlicht : 19/02/2015 6:10 pm
Andreas
(@magio2)
Famed Member

Maybe you can give the answer to yourself. How should it be constrained? :whistle:

The only constrain is that the motor should at least be able to handle the max. currency that can be expected from the module.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Veröffentlicht : 19/02/2015 6:45 pm
Andreas
(@magio2)
Famed Member

Can you tell a bit more about the application you have in mind?

Of course the circular table also applies a transmission. This means that one revolution of the motor only causes a partial revolution of the working piece. If you don't apply a transmission in your application the resolution would be pretty poor.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Veröffentlicht : 19/02/2015 8:48 pm
(@jcc26)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

Thanks!

I thought as much.

I'm planning on putting a RepRap 3D printer extruder on my StepCraft. The extruder should have the necessary reduction ratio in its transmission.

Veröffentlicht : 20/02/2015 12:51 pm
Teilen: