file Question newbie - inserting the filament into the hose

• pverlhac
  • pverlhac's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
28 Nov 2015 07:55 #27568 by pverlhac
Hello!

About to start my first 3d print job, well maybe not yet.

I am trying to insert the 1,75mm pla filament into the supply hose. It turns out to be difficult and I already broke the filament inside the hose while trying to push it through at only 1/3 of the length. And ithe filament moves so painfully inside the hose, how will the filament move when the priting actually starts??

Am I the only one here, do you have any tip? Maybe cutting the hose in 2 equal parts?

Please advise thanks

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pverlhac
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
28 Nov 2015 09:47 #27570 by pverlhac
Replied by pverlhac on topic newbie - inserting the filament into the hose
First of all thanks for the speedy reply.

My problem is not inserting the filament inside the head itself, it is inserting first the filament into and out of the supply hose. On your picture are you using a white filament without any supply hose?

For clarity, here is what I have a hard time doing (excerpted from the manual): "Drag the filament feed hose together with the filament feed line up out of the printing head. Now guide the filament through the hose so that it comes out of the other side of the filament feed line.

Thanks

More
28 Nov 2015 10:27 #27574 by Rexfreund
Replied by Rexfreund on topic newbie - inserting the filament into the hose
Hello!

i think that i was be to lazy with deleting my previus post who's not talk about your problem.

your picture shows the problem. The filament shold be easy to push into the hose.

have you try it from both sides, i think. Is this the same lenght of filament or the same position in the hose.

cheers Klaus

Heli, Hexakopter,....
WinPC-NC USB, Eigenbau Fräserl mit Mechapro Interface II, Kress FME 1050, Filou.
Zum Zeichen, Fusion 360 ! mit Hobbylizenz. macht Laune ;-)
3D-Drucker (Mankati Basis) Dualprint 2x E3D-V6 2x Bondtech Bowdenextruder Simplify3D (SC-Druckkopf)

• pverlhac
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
28 Nov 2015 10:45 #27575 by pverlhac
My hose is 50 cm long. I can easily push the filament for 15cm then it starts being a pain. At 20cm it is almost stuck. Whichever end I choose to insert into.

Maybe 50cm of hose is too much? I was planning on splitting it in 2? Are you really sending your 1,75mm filament smoothly through 50cm? A picture of your system is welcome :)

More
28 Nov 2015 11:28 - 28 Nov 2015 11:28 #27577 by Rexfreund
my hose are 50 cm, too

there is no problem to push the filament thru the hose.

The dimensions of my hose are inside 4 mm and 6 mm outside.

Your problem looks like not normal. But i don't know wy

Have a look at the small video
to the video

Heli, Hexakopter,....
WinPC-NC USB, Eigenbau Fräserl mit Mechapro Interface II, Kress FME 1050, Filou.
3D-Drucker (Mankati Basis) Dualprint 2x E3D-V6 2x Bondtech Bowdenextruder Simplify3D (SC-Druckkopf)
Last edit: 28 Nov 2015 11:28 by Rexfreund.

• pverlhac
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
28 Nov 2015 14:22 #27589 by pverlhac
thank you for your video it is helpful because I see you are using a different hose in fact. In my S2/840 setup I got 2 hoses, a semi opaque one (50cm long) and a transparent one (much longer) that I am currently using for the spindle's air pump. Both have about the same outside diameter, but the transparent one is wider on the inside.

You seem to be using the latter, which is wider indeed, see pictures. The semi opaque is narrower, have been using this one for an other purpose?

This message has attachments images.

More
28 Nov 2015 14:44 #27590 by Rexfreund
I only bought the printhead and the 50 cm long hose from my video was a part of it.

maybe your hose is a newer version or an PTFE variant. But in PTFE the filament slips very easier.

I would ask about it at Stepcraft!

cheers Klaus

Heli, Hexakopter,....

• pverlhac
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
28 Nov 2015 15:08 #27591 by pverlhac
in your own practice, do you think 50cm is more than needed?

More
28 Nov 2015 16:16 #27593 by Rexfreund
In my opinion ther is more as we needed.

But my maschine looks like very diferent :woohoo:

Heli, Hexakopter,....

This message has an attachment image.

More
29 Nov 2015 04:09 #27616 by Kivinen
Replied by Kivinen on topic newbie - inserting the filament into the hose
I have also stepcraft 2/840 and it came with the 50 cm long semi opaque tube for the filament (Acc. to ISO 7628 - cat.2 - 6x1.5mm - PA 10.12 PHL - LA - 7291 - 14 - 099 - 09:34:53). When I first tried to push the filament through, I could not so I first run my 3D printer head without the tube at all. Then I put the tube so it straightened up, i.e. during the transit it was bended up quite small circle, and that made pushing the filament through very hard. When it straightened up then I could push the filament in. It is not very easy and you quite often need to keep the tube straight before you can do it.

It seems the tube is not slippery at all from the inside (or from outside) and that makes it hard to push filament through. Once you get it through the printer head does not have any problems pulling more of it as needed.

Stepcraft 2 840 Kickstarter make anything package
HF500, 3D print, Drag Knife, etc
UCCNC + UC100, V-Carve
The following user(s) said Thank You: pverlhac