Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Smallest Diameter E...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Smallest Diameter End Mill?

8 Beiträge
6 Benutzer
0 Likes
8,530 Ansichten
(@evan)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

Hi,

Interested to know what is the smallest diameter end mill available and
whether anyone has used it successfully.

Thanks.

Veröffentlicht : 05/08/2015 4:26 pm
ZenziWerken
(@speedo)
Noble Member

The smallest diameter available is 0.4 mm. I've used 1 mm and the break pretty fast. In the forum some user do use 0.8 mm. The stability decreases rapidly with smaller diameter!

Daniel
-----
zenziwerken.de « dxf-downloads von kreativen Projekten
cnc-wiki.de « lesen ... lernen ... fräsen

Veröffentlicht : 05/08/2015 4:43 pm
Andreas
(@magio2)
Famed Member

I have 0.3mm endmills, but they have to wait for a better setup before I give them a try.
You need a motor with as little play as possible and of course high speed. So, my Proxxon is out of the game.

But with these little tools you can't do deep cuts of course.

What do you plan to use them for?

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Veröffentlicht : 05/08/2015 5:01 pm
(@bvs)
Noble Member

I work with not smaller than 0.6mm.
For nice pics in bicolored engraving plates.
:woohoo:

Veröffentlicht : 05/08/2015 5:28 pm
(@evan)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

Thanks for the info.

MagIO2, hoping to use them on scale models, adding separation lines between sheet metal panels, control panel buttons etc.

Veröffentlicht : 05/08/2015 6:28 pm
(@athersmith)
Eminent Member

Hi

For fine separating lines you could use a V Bit - with a 20 degree V bit you can achieve very fine lines.

Stepcraft 2 600
HFS 350
UCCNC

Veröffentlicht : 05/08/2015 7:26 pm
Andreas
(@magio2)
Famed Member

Yep, with a v-bit you can go down to 0,1mm. But still you get best results at high rpm.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Veröffentlicht : 05/08/2015 9:55 pm
(@rory)
Reputable Member

remember with a V cutter - at the cutting tip... the cutting speed is in fact 0 RPM. So some part of the tip will, in theory, always be scratching.

Smaller cutters are extremely sensitive to vibration. And you need really high RPMs. way higher than the RPMs the STEPPI can manage.

cutting speed = radius x RPM. Smaller your radius the more speed you need for stability.

Veröffentlicht : 06/08/2015 11:24 am
Teilen: