file Question Dust shoe Kress 1050 FME-P

• CNCMiller
  • CNCMiller's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
24 Mar 2019 10:04 #56165 by CNCMiller
Dust shoe Kress 1050 FME-P was created by CNCMiller
I have changed the spindle on my S 420/1 for a Kress 1050 FME-P (with the ER-16 collet system).
By doing this I have no further use for the dust shoe I used before.
And because the ER-16 clamping nut is bigger than the standard Kress nut (7.1 mm larger in diameter) there was not enough clearance in the old dust shoe.

Another point is that the Kress has a mounting diameter of 43mm with a height of 25mm. When placed in the toolholder it protrudes 12mm from the toolholder underside. And so, reducing the milling height, to compensate that I made a washer on the lathe with an inner diameter of 43.1mm, an outer diameter of 58mm and a height of 12mm.
Now the Kress mount ring flushes on the bottom to the toolholder plate and is still firm mount on the toolholder.

So now the challenge is to adapt the dust extraction shoe to the new parameters.
I want it to be a flexible solution for different spindles eq. different clamping nut sizes.

Luckily, I also have a 3D printer and that opens doors to create.
So, I started to draw some parts and assembled them in the CAD program to check for flaws.

And this is the result of some drawing and printing.
• Part 1 is the mounting plate suitable for all diameters of clamping nuts.
This is mounted on the toolholder plate using the hole in the plate to secure and extra clip on the side to prevent turning;
• Part 2 is the washer to secure the adapter ring;
• Part 3 is the adapter ring for the different nut sizes and brushes.
This is clamped to the clamping ring by 5 magnets on top;
• Part 4 is the brush ring.
This is a self-made brush ring with an additional utility ring to fill it with brush hairs. The complete brush is than glued to the adapter ring with CA-glue;
• Part 5 is the filling utility ring for the brush
After the ring is filled and glued remove;
• Part 6 is hose guidance clamp. Not necessary, but can take the stress from the vacuum hose

Part 3, 4 and 5 should be made for every size spindle and/or clamping nut is used.

Print instruction:
All parts are printed with 0.2mm layer height
Printer; Prusa i3 Mk3.
Filament use;
• PLA;
• Nozzle temp 215/210 C;
• Heat bed 60 C.
Part 1 needs a support on the side clip only.
Part 2 needs a support only from build plate.
Part 3 and 4 no extra setting.
Part 5 needs support from build plate. (V-groove up)

Extra material used:
10x cylinder magnets Dia 3mm 1,5mm thick
1 set screw M5
CA superglue
Hose Dia 22mm outer 20mm inner
Brush made of dustpan brush or old paint brush

The used parts can be found on www.thingiverse.com/thing:3512469

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Andys1957, Rahul, Bodo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2019 21:24 #56178 by Mar_Urb
Replied by Mar_Urb on topic Dust shoe Kress 1050 FME-P
Hi Everyone,

I’m new as well on this forum. Regarding the shoe I think it’s very similar to the Stepcraft dust extractor, which I used in the past. It worked on some small jobs while using short end mills. I keep my cnc in the office so my dust extraction is quite important.
Now I use Delta DS1 that keeps my office clean and never gets clogged up.

Greetings from Australia :)
Marcin

Stepcraft 840/2 | Industrial VFD spindle | OPT Laser PLH3D6W
UCCNC | Inventor PRO + HSM | Fusion 360 | Aspire

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.