question-circle Question Tool length sensor with WinPC-NC: Where do I enter the height of the sensor?

• Gilbert
  • Gilbert's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
31 Mar 2019 14:55 #56187 by Gilbert
This tool sensor has given me already a lot of headaches: Bad soldering giving intermittant short circuits and faulty assembly instructions. (Assembly instructions say you have to remove the jumper when using a the jack socket which is wrong: The jumper has to stay!

Now my questions:
- Where do I enter the height of the sensor?
- What is the difference between Block zeo point Z and Block Z depth? And what is Block Max Z depth doing for me?
- What are the steps to follow?

Regarding the tool sensor I notice that there is plenty of help for NCCNC users but nearly nothing for WinPC-NC users.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2019 19:26 #56191 by CNCMiller
Gilbert,

to answer your first question,
- on the tab basic settings and sub-tab sensor.

But, you leave us assuming over the type and brand of your machine and which version of winpc you use.

So to get some right answers you should provide your set-up included with your question(s).

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

• Gilbert
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
02 Apr 2019 10:09 #56197 by Gilbert
Hi CNCMiller,

Thank for you reply.
I have a Stepcraft 420 and a full version of winPC-NC V3.0.
In the mean time I located where to enter the heigth of the sensor:: Parameters -> Coordinates. (There is no sub-tab Sensor in winPC-NC , but it would have made a lot of sense ..... and saved me a lot of time).
(By the way: I do not understand why winPC-NC calls a length sensor a block. Or use the word workpiece while all English software use the term "stock".)

I understand now what "Move To Block zero point Z" (stock top surface) and "Block Max Z depth" (stock bottom or bed surface) does. But I do not know yet what "Move to Block Z depth" is doing.

Regards,
GIlbert

More
02 Apr 2019 11:01 #56199 by CNCMiller
Gilbert,

I suggest that you visit the site of Lewetz Burkhard www.lewetz.de/de/service/downloads and download the newest version of winpc 3.
In the new version the toollength sensor correction is removed from the tab coordinates to basic settings and has his own sub tab named sensor.

If you have specific questions about the software mail to Lewetz, when I had a problem with winpc he helped me out on a great way.

good luck

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

• Gilbert
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
02 Apr 2019 12:07 #56200 by Gilbert
CNCMiller,

I have installed the software update in the mean time.

Thanks for your help!

Gilbert