Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Mods to Stepcraft Ver. 1

3 Beiträge
2 Benutzer
0 Likes
5,544 Ansichten
(@stuart-mellor)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

When I saw the cable management improvements on the 600 ver.2 I was prompted to try something similar on my ver.1.....
Photo explains all - but it was simple to rearrange the cabling using the existing wiring loom. The wires from the X axis motor need shortening & the cutoffs soldering to the Z axis wires to extend them. Thats all - the only extras required are some heatshrink and some cabletie/standoffs.

Now I can use long material lengths without the hassle of snagging the cabling...

Also -I was always catching or damaging the plug-in connectors at the edge of the machine - so I have turned the circuit board thru 180 & lead out the cables thru a cable tidy. Now its impossible to damage these vulnerable components.(When you are used to the machine - you don't need to see the indicator lights all the time!)

Veröffentlicht : 14/10/2015 11:13 pm
ZenziWerken
(@speedo)
Noble Member

Hi Stuart,

looks nice, but are you sure it's a better solution? I see the problem of jamming the power cord of the spindle. I cnc'ed two cable clips. This is doing the job perfectly:

Find the dxf here:
https://www.stepcraft-systems.com/forum/show-us-your-stepcraft-creations/806-plastic-cable-clips-cable-tidy#8122

Daniel
-----
zenziwerken.de « dxf-downloads von kreativen Projekten
cnc-wiki.de « lesen ... lernen ... fräsen

Veröffentlicht : 15/10/2015 10:07 am
(@stuart-mellor)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

Hi Speedo,
yes, its a big improvement - materials much longer than the bed (typically 900 - 1200mm) are no longer a problem -I was always watching the cabling for snagging. Now , I can leave it unattended & just listen to the spindle stopping from another room!

Re the spindle cabling - should have taken the photo with the cable in its proper place - clipped overhead with an elastic tensioner!

When I did the mod I just stuck the circuit board in place with 4 pieces of 1.5mm double sided mounting tape, with the intention of bolting in place later - but the fixing was so firm, I decided to leave it.

Veröffentlicht : 15/10/2015 11:25 pm
Teilen: