file Question is there a buffer memory on stepcraft D series ?

More
21 Aug 2018 17:49 #54457 by XLT
hello, the question is in the title : thanks to let us know about this feature. a read that using the machine buffer when milling should improve a lot accuracy issues when machining circles.
regards, Xavier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2018 08:10 #54467 by XLT
I answer Myself : No. There’s no buffer memory on Stepcraft D series. BUT int the usb module (I own an AxeMotion PulseBox NXTG), there is a 400 vectors max buffer. When you activate it, it allows you to mill perfect circles and perfect curves.
So if you have a buffer memory on your controller, use it. It increase accuracy.

More
22 Sep 2018 15:20 #54698 by Rory
There should be no reason to see any accuracy issues related to buffer or software related communication when using the UCCNC

most likely its backlash

More
26 Oct 2018 18:55 #54902 by XLT
thanks for your reply Rory. I have near zero backlash with my stepcraft. once, accuracy issue was caused by poor tension of the belt. i fixed it, checked all axis for no backlash, and my stepcraft was still unable to cut perfect circles...

More
26 Oct 2018 19:06 #54903 by Rory
Remember smaller cutters will also deflect under load.

we see commercial machines with better than 10 micron accuracy show weird circles if you drive the smaller cutters hard. cutter deflection is a real issue with a stiff machine. Not sure if this could be it.. but worth a try.

remember backlash is not just active when the machine is static, Its defined as any rotation of the motor in the drive system and loss of this motion in translating into the linear motion.

are you sure you have no pulley rock on the shafts?