file Question HF-500 Controller (Power Supply)

• SFDeeJay
  • SFDeeJay's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
01 Dec 2018 22:42 #55310 by SFDeeJay
HF-500 Controller (Power Supply) was created by SFDeeJay
Eric Royer was kind enough to replace the faulty power supply for my controller. Not too bright on my part - thought I was careful to draw the colors/wiring connections, but they sure don't agree, even though the new PS is identical. Would someone please write/diagram the connections/wire colors from the wires on the controller to the terminals on the power supply? I tried the Kress router for awhile, and it's ok, but want to return to the air-cooled spindle as it has much better programmatic (UCCNC or Mach4) control. Thanks everyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SFDeeJay
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
02 Dec 2018 19:25 #55314 by SFDeeJay
Replied by SFDeeJay on topic HF-500 Controller (Power Supply)
Additional info/clarification:
Unfortunately, I must have mis-labeled the wires/connections and I can find NO documentation on the wiring for this PS. What I diagrammed for the 9 screw terminals on the PS is (from left to right) : 1-Not Used, 2-Not Used, 3-Red, 4-Not used, 5-Large Black, 6&7-Fuse with 7 a Yellow/Green Combo, 8-White, 9-Small Black. Inside the controller box w/ circuit board, I failed to draw which side of the "posts", inside or outside, the Yellow/Orange/Brown combo plugs into (also Yellow at the top or bottom?). Lastly, the second Yellow/Green combo has a standard crimp connector, but unclear what it would plug onto (there are 4 wire "posts", but would be very loose, and which of the 4? Perhaps a photo of all would help, if this is not clear enough.

• SFDeeJay
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
04 Dec 2018 01:24 #55329 by SFDeeJay
Replied by SFDeeJay on topic HF-500 Controller (Power Supply)
Racked up 78 views of my request, but only one was able to help - Matteo from Stepcraft USA. Attached is very helpful diagram and screenshot of interior of controller box. Wanted to post this final note in case someone needs this in the future.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: eiaro