question-circle Question Tool magazine for M-series won't work properly

• holgersindbaek
  • holgersindbaek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
24 Aug 2021 16:58 #61362 by holgersindbaek
Tool magazine for M-series won't work properly was created by holgersindbaek
I've bought and assembled the M1000 with tool magazine ( shop.stepcraft-systems.com/Tool-Magazine-M1000-incl-pneumatic-lifting-function ) and the automatic tool changer ( shop.stepcraft-systems.com/automatic-tool-changer-kress ), but I can't get it to work properly.

I'm setting the switch of the tool changer to "O", which means that the tool magazine and exhaust are activated.

Then I'm starting the spindle from UCCNC, releases the metal connector. So I know the pneumatics of the metal connector is working.

Then I stop the spindle again and click the button to release the mollete:

But nothing happens! I hear no sounds coming from the pneumatics whatsoever!

I've released the tool magazine again and I can see underneath that the red lamp for the metal connector is turning on and off when I turn the spindle on and off, but the red lamp for the tool changer is never turning on:

Also, one of my LED indicator lamps is orange/yellow (see attachment):

I'm not sure what that means?

I've followed the instructions and double-checked all the connections, but and everything seems to be in order.

Do you have a guess as to what might be wrong?

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2021 22:19 #61454 by vkrishnamurthy
Replied by vkrishnamurthy on topic Tool magazine for M-series won't work properly
I had a similar problem, have you configured the UCCNC, General Settings, Axes Setup --> Spindle>> M8 to 14 and 1, press Enter ?? Once you do that, it should work; before hand please check all electric connections carefully. May be you have already fixed it. I needed help from Stepcraft Australia, who fixed my problem over phone. I hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TiLo.tim

More
25 Sep 2021 22:29 #61455 by vkrishnamurthy
Replied by vkrishnamurthy on topic Tool magazine for M-series won't work properly
You have to activate the settings in UCCNC. Please follow instructions in changing UCCNC settings (Page 14 of First Steps in Instruction Manual).
Go to UCCNC --> CONFIGURATION --> AXES SETUP --> SPINDLE, change M8 relay pin to 14 and port to 1, press ENTER, Apply Settings, Save, restart UCCNC. This should work if all electrical connections are working fine.

I had exactly the same problem and had forgotten this step in UCCNC setup.

Dennis from Stepcraft Australia helped me fix this.

May be you have already fixed it. I found it so easy to overlook this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TiLo.tim