exclamation-circle Question how do I connect the cnc machine to my computer to drive it? D(3)600 Stepcraft

• Trankill
  • Trankill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
30 Jan 2023 21:51 #62907 by Trankill
Hello to all users!

I am new to cnc machine, and made myself effort by buying the Stepcraft D(3)600 (UCCNC kit bundle), instead of a Chinese machine, (twice the price anyway)
Today, after much application, I finished mounting it, and connecting the motherboard, up to step 9 of the p74 assembly manual.
Step at which, it is necessary to connect to the PC before tightening the screws,
and that's where the error is, because there is no plug to connect the UC100 parallel/USB socket on the machine,

So my question is, how do I connect the cnc machine to my computer to drive it?

I called today the repair service which explains to me that it is necessary to disconnect the black plug of the motherboard (on the photo) to connect the UC100 socket (from what I understood in my English approximate), but:
1- it's impossible to disassemble
2- the pins would not be opposite the holes

However, I studied everything well before buying it so as not to be mistaken, and not to forget anything when ordering.

It is also well specified on the Stepcraft shop 'Complete CNC DIY kit including all mechanical and electronic components'

But I really don't see how to connect it without buying the Parallel Module OEM Package (parallel interface) 10100 at 20€ + 20€ shipping costs (thanks Stepcraft)
this should have been specified somewhere (there is 1 line on the UCCNC notice)

Today, I am therefore informing you of my disappointment on this 1st day, and will have to go to the checkout, when it should not be the case since: kit including all mechanical and electronic components ',

I hope it will help you to think about ordering this thing, and that Stepcraft will include this module directly in the box because I don't find it very professional.

I hope the future will be brighter in its use

Thank you for your support

Olivier (a french grouch B) )

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2023 08:23 #62908 by Anke
Hi Oliver,
I'm sorry you didn't receive the parallel module that should have been part of the delivery. We'll send it out to you directly!

• Trankill
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
31 Jan 2023 08:47 #62909 by Trankill
Ok, The module comes with it, I'm reassured!

Thank you for the answer and the sending, I look forward to it, and will keep you informed

I would return the one ordered

thank you

Olivier

• Trankill
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
31 Jan 2023 09:07 #62910 by Trankill
Really very effective this company, speed of action and understanding

who finds the best solution (effective refund of my order in less than an hour)

It's more than I expected from our German friends (despite the language barrier)

thanks to the team!

Hurry to look forward to continue,

to throw myself headlong into most of the work that will then begin!

Have a nice day to

Olivier
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anke

More
31 Jan 2023 09:07 #62911 by Anke
We'll reach out to you and refund it. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience!