• Evan
  • Evan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
10 Aug 2016 17:11 #36533 by Evan
Quick Engrave Cutting Too Deep was created by Evan
Hi,

I am trying to do an outline quick engrave but having a problem between what I see in V-Carve preview and the produced part.
I have limited the cut depth to 1mm and the preview looks great but UCCNC wants to engrave about 2-3mm into the workpiece. Can anyone help, thanks.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2016 18:52 - 10 Aug 2016 18:53 #36538 by jvalencia
Replied by jvalencia on topic Quick Engrave Cutting Too Deep
I also ran into this problem.

Solution: level the board with a 20mm end mill. This will set your height uniformly across the board.

After that, my Z values were perfect.

Try using another part of the board and check the results. Another way would be setting your end mill to Z0 and let it run from Y0 to Y800 or whatever size is yours. If your board is not leveled, it will cut it at some point.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad
Last edit: 10 Aug 2016 18:53 by jvalencia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Evan

• Evan
  • Evan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
12 Aug 2016 13:02 - 12 Aug 2016 13:03 #36573 by Evan
Replied by Evan on topic Quick Engrave Cutting Too Deep
Thanks, unfortunately I won't be able to face off the surface as I'm hoping to engrave on a gift box.
I doubt the workpiece is deflecting that much but with the original stepcraft clamping it might be
possible. I think it is time to invest in a dial indicator and new worktop with a better clamping system.
In the mean time I might break up my engraving into multiple toolpath sections and zero the Z above each
section to minimise the impact of any deflection.
Last edit: 12 Aug 2016 13:03 by Evan.