file Question Registered Forum Members Online

• SFDeeJay
  • SFDeeJay's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
06 Jan 2017 21:56 #42057 by SFDeeJay
Registered Forum Members Online was created by SFDeeJay
Web gurus: Has anyone noticed that when logged in, you may (or may not) be listed as online. No biggie, sometimes like to check if a particular member is present. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2017 22:17 #42061 by drilldevil
Replied by drilldevil on topic Registered Forum Members Online
hi,

sorry i don't understand your problem! just use/look in the lower part of the "index-page" and you see who is online or not.

Andreas

More
06 Jan 2017 22:54 #42067 by Worldhusky
Replied by Worldhusky on topic Registered Forum Members Online

SFDeeJay wrote: No biggie, sometimes like to check if a particular member is present. Thanks.

What is your point? :huh:

It's not only about tools it's also about skills! ;)

More
06 Jan 2017 23:13 #42069 by peterg1000
Replied by peterg1000 on topic Registered Forum Members Online
SFDeeJay wrote:

Web gurus: Has anyone noticed that when logged in, you may (or may not) be listed as online

I think that what SFDeeJay is trying to say is that sometimes his own name doesn't appear in the list (mine doesn't either on occasions), so the list may not give a true picture of who is online and who is not.

Peter.

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

More
07 Jan 2017 04:16 - 07 Jan 2017 04:18 #42081 by Worldhusky
Replied by Worldhusky on topic Registered Forum Members Online
If that is really his motivation then he should doublecheck his own Forum Profil settings. There is an option to be visible or not ...

It's not only about tools it's also about skills! ;)

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 07 Jan 2017 04:18 by Worldhusky.

More
07 Jan 2017 09:52 #42084 by peterg1000
Replied by peterg1000 on topic Registered Forum Members Online
I think what he is referring to is the section "Who is Online" in the screenshot below. Not very high in my list of priorities anyway!!

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• MagIO2
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
More
07 Jan 2017 11:42 - 07 Jan 2017 11:47 #42098 by MagIO2
Replied by MagIO2 on topic Registered Forum Members Online
This is a forum and no chat system. It is meant for asynchronous communication. And especially the people that are recognized as "experts" might benefit from this, because everybody would then adress those experts in chat like systems and there would be a flood of questions if they go online. I like the way it is!

If you only want to address certain people, then use messages - which still is asynchronous and those people can decide on their own, when to reply.

But back to the online status. I never logout. So, most likely there is a timeout for the online status. And my guess is that the enabler for the online status are certain activities like "login" or writing or changing the profile. Just reading won't change the online status.

PS: Before sending this article i did not show up in the online list, but now i am, so my theory seems to be correct.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas
Last edit: 07 Jan 2017 11:47 by MagIO2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SFDeeJay

• SFDeeJay
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
07 Jan 2017 17:34 #42116 by SFDeeJay
Replied by SFDeeJay on topic Registered Forum Members Online
"What is your point" is a rude response. My reason for asking is that some forum members give excellent advice, and since I live halfway across the world and would like to know if they are available (because of time zone disparity).

• SFDeeJay
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
07 Jan 2017 17:37 #42118 by SFDeeJay
Thanks, MagIO2. My intent was NOT to chat, please see my explanation (to WorldHusky).

More
10 Jan 2017 12:35 #42313 by MMorao
Replied by MMorao on topic Registered Forum Members Online

SFDeeJay wrote: "What is your point" is a rude response. My reason for asking is that some forum members give excellent advice, and since I live halfway across the world and would like to know if they are available (because of time zone disparity).

None of my business, but take it easy DeeJay :cheer: Not being a native Anglo-speaker myself and being somewhat fluent in a couple of other languages, life experience has taught me that a common and harmless expression in one language may often come across as something really awful when literally translated into something else. I'm sure the poster did not intend to sound rude :) If that weren't the case I myself would have been hanged long ago :lol:

Clockwork Orange is a S600 with 4th axis, Kress 1050. Software is UCCNC, DeskProto, Rhino, DraftSight. Also a Silhouette Cameo for vinyl, plastic card, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Worldhusky, SFDeeJay

• SFDeeJay
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
14 Jan 2017 17:48 #42519 by SFDeeJay
MMorao: Excellent advice. In the future, I will bear in mind that, while I take pride in good English composition, my intended meaning may not be completely clear to others.