file Question PROBLEM - System Attachment Switch Box

• K3CFPV
  • K3CFPV's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
26 Jul 2017 18:14 #49025 by K3CFPV
I just received my switch box for use with my DL445 laser. It appears that the labeling for the front switch shows 3 attachments (mill spindle, 3D printer, and laser), there are only connectors for 2 attachments (mill spindle and 3D printer) on the back. The second (middle) row of punch outs are labeled, but there are no connectors. Is this a manufacturing problem? Thought I'd just gotten an older box, but the labeling is there, just not the internal electronics/connectors. Can the Germans advise on this issue?

S2/600, Industrial HF spindle (StoneyCNC)
DL445, 4th axis, touch probe, 3D probe
UC100 + UCCNC (Win10)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2017 18:56 #49026 by ubo
Replied by ubo on topic PROBLEM - System Attachment Switch Box
The switchbox is not to be compatible with the laser, for the laser there should be an additional board, but is not yet available in Germany.

Gruß,
Uwe

WinPC-Nc V4, EstlCAM V11 / V12
www.ubo-cnc.de

• K3CFPV
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
26 Jul 2017 19:19 #49028 by K3CFPV
Replied by K3CFPV on topic PROBLEM - System Attachment Switch Box
I think you may be mistaken. The switch box has "Laser" labeled on it. I doubt Stepcraft would do this if this was the case. Also, why would Stepcraft US be sending lasers out to folks without mentioning the need for an additional board? The laser comes with a standalone control box that plugs into the system just like the HF500 does.

UC100 + UCCNC (Win10)

More
26 Jul 2017 19:57 #49029 by frankjoke
Replied by frankjoke on topic PROBLEM - System Attachment Switch Box
Ubo is right!
The switchbox has a bug with the laser and cannot be used without adding a special board which was promised to me to be delivered in the next weeks (waiting for it already more than a month).

Contact Stepcraft if you want to use both.

Frank
Steppcraft 600/2 + HF500 + SwitchBox + Laser + Schleppmesser
Absaugung und Vakuumtisch
an Mach3 oder UCCNC mit Taster für Z-Null und Werkzeuglänge

• K3CFPV
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
26 Jul 2017 20:15 #49030 by K3CFPV
If Hugo is reading this forum, maybe he can enlighten us. He represents Stepcraft in Mexico and has all the "goodies" on his machine and has posted many videos of testing out the laser.

UC100 + UCCNC (Win10)

• K3CFPV
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
26 Jul 2017 21:32 #49031 by K3CFPV
Did some more testing while awaiting to hear from Stepcraft about the DL445's compatibility with the System Attachment Switch Box. I removed the S2/600 system cable from the back of the switch box and plugged it directly into the laser's control box. The laser now functions with the laser-test file :cheer: . This seems to confirm that the current switch box does NOT work with the laser as someone mentioned (thanks). Hopefully, Stepcraft will either replace my box with one that does work or refund my purchase which is less than 3 days old.

Now I just need to figure out why the laser positioning led and the laser probe don't work. Another day.

UC100 + UCCNC (Win10)

• K3CFPV
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
26 Jul 2017 22:41 #49036 by K3CFPV
UPDATE: Removing the switch box fixed everything. Probe now works correctly as does the laser. Just the positioning LED not working, which is a minor issue.

UC100 + UCCNC (Win10)