file Question Help with purchase, Please

• Darren
  • Darren's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
04 Feb 2016 19:52 #30172 by Darren
Help with purchase, Please was created by Darren
Hi, Im about the make an investment of a cnc router. I want to use one for many different projects, but mostly to create 3d relief work in wood, such as detalied picture frames.

The system I am looking at is

STEPCRAFT-2/840 Construction Kit
Interface USB Beginner

HF-Spindle 500

I will add to the system a 4th axis and other tools such as the 3d printing head in the future.

Please can you advice me, regarding my system choice, will it be enough to create picture frames and other detailed wood carvings, I understand the limitations of a 3 axis machine, I just need to know if I need

Darren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MagIO2
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
More
04 Feb 2016 20:07 - 04 Feb 2016 20:09 #30174 by MagIO2
Replied by MagIO2 on topic Help with purchase, Please
Usb beginner comes with WinPC NC starter. The starter cant cope with reliefs. Neither 3D head nor 4th axis are supported.

What you need is the full version of WinPC NC.

Relief milling is also supported by other solutions like UCCNC and its own controller. But I cant tell you wheather it supports 3d print and 4th axis out of the box. My guess: 4th axis propably, 3d print no idea.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas
Last edit: 04 Feb 2016 20:09 by MagIO2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darren

• Darren
  • Darren's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
04 Feb 2016 20:14 #30175 by Darren
Replied by Darren on topic Help with purchase, Please
Thanks for the reply, i think i will add the full usb system to the build.