lightbulb Question OptLaser 6W wiring and config Stepcraft 2/D/840 with UCCNC

• laranja169
  • laranja169's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
21 May 2018 20:58 #53793 by laranja169
Hello, did someone had a Laser head from OptLaser to Stepcraft with UCCNC?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2018 11:42 #55406 by Romosz
Hello. I recently purchased an 840 and an OptLaser. still working out the kinks with the software. any advice? I'm using V-Carve and UCCNC and I cant get the post processing right. the job turns out really small. thx

More
29 Dec 2018 15:43 #55521 by Romosz
HI. I'm very new to the SC family and even newer to the OptLaser. I ran into this problem using the "Stepcraft_Laser_INCH_PWM" post processing. i thought since i was using VCarve in Inch, i would use this PP. When in used the "Stepcraft_Laser_MM_PWM " i was able to correct this issue.

Hope this helped.

OAN
i don't think my OptLaser is set up correctly. Meaning, i don't think i'm getting the full 6W out. i'm having trouble using my laser to cut.

Additionally, i'm looking for any advice on how to set tool paths with a "step". some of the OptLaser cut settings suggest a "step" when cutting certain materials. Does anyone have any suggestions how they configure this?

Lastly, how are people mitigating the overburn at intersections and on borders? my laser doesn't ramp down when crossing over an area that it has already burned.

thanks all

More
02 Dec 2020 16:36 #59967 by vikingpirate
I also have the Stepcraft D840 and Lpt Uccnc uc-100 adapter and a OptLasers 6 Watt laser but i search for days now how i can laser good quality photo's the laser plugin in Uccnc is from very low quality so i search for better software to make Toolpaths for Photo's any one maybe have better luck then me ???