file Question Z-axis gone bananas

More
23 Jul 2017 20:53 #48963 by Radford
Replied by Radford on topic Z-axis gone bananas
Doc, just so you're aware. I've had a similar issue as well. My wife was running the machine a couple of weeks ago and the photo shows what the result. It appears the origin moved.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MMorao
  • MMorao's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
24 Jul 2017 19:12 #48986 by MMorao
Replied by MMorao on topic Z-axis gone bananas
Good luck, I'm still having trouble and I'm exploring solutions.

I've connected the Clockwork Orange to a stabilized power supply but still managed to have a Z-zero going to Shangri-La. I expect to have a XP machine running in a couple of days and will see then.

Cheers!

Clockwork Orange is a S600 with 4th axis, Kress 1050. Software is UCCNC, DeskProto, Rhino, DraftSight. Also a Silhouette Cameo for vinyl, plastic card, etc.

• MMorao
  • MMorao's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
25 Jul 2017 16:15 #48999 by MMorao
Replied by MMorao on topic Z-axis gone bananas
Hi Radford, looking at your photos again to me it looks like one of your axes, X or Y but most likely Y, is lagging or binding, which is an entirely different problem and thank goodness easy to solve. I suggest you locate the latest youtube videos by StoneyCNC, announced somewhere in the forum, and follow their procedures to the last detail. Those are a kill-them-dead problem solver B)

Clockwork Orange is a S600 with 4th axis, Kress 1050. Software is UCCNC, DeskProto, Rhino, DraftSight. Also a Silhouette Cameo for vinyl, plastic card, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexxfx

More
12 Dec 2019 19:40 #57776 by Alexxfx
Replied by Alexxfx on topic Z-axis gone bananas
I have the same problem with Z axe. Can not solve it for two years already. I believe it's just an issue of Stepcraft machine. So my use of SC is very limited.

Is anyone who solved the problem?