file Question Issues with limits

• Richard777
  • Richard777's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
05 Jul 2017 17:54 - 05 Jul 2017 17:58 #48575 by Richard777
Issues with limits was created by Richard777
I have some issues with limits. I wonder if somebody can quickly spot what might be wrong.

The specific Stepcraft 2/840 machine profile is loaded as required. I have been 'tuning the axis' and all were running smooth.

I then pressed 'Home All' Z Axis (No problem) - X Axis moved and at its limit 'bumped the gantry' and triggered the stop. I received an error message "reset logic software is active etc......" (see attached image). I was unable to override this

In the diagnostics panel (see attached image), all three X limit -, Y limit -, Z limit - green inputs and all three X home, Y home Z home limits are permanently lit.

What am I doing wrong? and how can I fix?

Cheers

Rich :(

Stepcraft 840
Kress Spindle
UCCNC
Vectric Aspire

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 05 Jul 2017 17:58 by Richard777.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2017 21:58 #48580 by peterg1000
Replied by peterg1000 on topic Issues with limits
Hi,

There is one input linked to all three homing switches in series, opening this one line will light the X, Y,and Z limit switch indicators as well as the X, Y and Z home indicators. The would normally be out of course.

If the line is permanently open, then the system will be in "RESET" state and no movement command will be actioned.

You will need to power off the control board and probably close down UCCNC (I'm not sure if the USB connection remains intact if the control board is powered down), then manually move the problem axis (X ??) until the limit switch closes - assuming it is still in working condition. This should re-establish continuity through the homing switch line and allow the system reset to be cancelled. Check this with a test meter if you have one.

I'm not too sure how the machine ended up in this locked out state, maybe the X-axis didn't move away from the limit switch when commanded by the homing software.

Let us know how things progress.

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard777

• Richard777
  • Richard777's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
07 Jul 2017 14:27 #48610 by Richard777
Replied by Richard777 on topic Issues with limits
Hi Peter,

Thank you for the advice. I eventually rewired the board and checked all the limit switches and through a process of elimination found out it was the X Axis Limit Switch that is faulty. The switch had 'triggered' and not rebounded

There is a small metal plate that hits the 'trigger switch and that was 'slightly out of alignment' and had stuck holding down the limit switch. A slight adjustment and all is fine now

Its been a pain stripping down the machine. Once again thank you for your help

Cheers

Rich

Stepcraft 840
Kress Spindle
UCCNC
Vectric Aspire

More
10 Mar 2020 16:04 #58463 by [email protected]
My Stepcraft2 D840 can't home. When I press the Home all button the z axis moves downward and stop at its limit but the coordinate is still running. How can I solve it?

• MagIO2
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
More
10 Mar 2020 18:17 #58465 by MagIO2
Replied by MagIO2 on topic Issues with limits
Wrong direction.

The home position for the z axis is upwards. So, two choices:
Change the direction in the software or change the wiring of the Z-Motor. Just swap 2 wires.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas