Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Tool changer and to...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Tool changer and tool length sensor

3 Beiträge
2 Benutzer
0 Likes
4,090 Ansichten
(@mwinn)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

I was just wondering, last night I was working on a project that required a tool change. After I set the bit to center I used the tool length sensor, all is good it cut as expected. It then went and picked up the 2nd end mill.
Problem was that it was not exactly the same height as the first tool, meaning it didn't even touch the top of the work piece.
I ended up creating a tool path for that end mill so I could use the tool length sensor again.
Is there a better Way?
Thanks
MWinn

Veröffentlicht : 26/07/2017 3:41 pm
(@cncmiller)
Reputable Member

Yes there is an other way,

first witch program do you use for controlling your CNC Winpc or Uccnc.
Second after every toolchange you have to use the length sensor.
If you use Winpc I can send you some screenpics of how to.

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Veröffentlicht : 27/07/2017 11:01 am
(@mwinn)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

I was afraid that was gonna be the case. There is a YouTube video of Greg from Stepcraft using a macro to set the height for all of the tools. But he is doing it from the base plate. It seems logical if I did the same thing but from the top of my material.
Btw I'm using UCCNC.

Thanks
MWinn

Veröffentlicht : 27/07/2017 5:57 pm
Teilen: