question-circle Question X-Axis not working

• 2bdeveloped
  • 2bdeveloped's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
10 Oct 2018 10:59 #54786 by 2bdeveloped
X-Axis not working was created by 2bdeveloped
I have just finished building my 600 and am in process of confirming operation under power. At this point I find the X axis is not driving when operated from UCCNC panel using scrfeen and keyboard keys. The screen does show the X counter counting up when Right arrow is pressed but nothing when Left arrow pressed.

The diagnostics I have so far completed are:

- Confirmed that there is no binding of the ball screw drive
- Swapped Z and X wires over on control board. The X axis then works but the Z does not, therefore concluded all mototrs and machine wiring OK
- Checked parallel conector ends for bent pins, all OK

I am not equipped to check electronic in more detail so desperately looking for help to get me understand the problem.

Many Thanks

David

Stepcraft 600 V2
UCCNC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 2bdeveloped
  • 2bdeveloped's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
16 Oct 2018 17:21 #54827 by 2bdeveloped
Replied by 2bdeveloped on topic X-Axis not working
Problem now resolved. My diagnostic actions were enough for Rory at StoneyCNC to conclude that the control card needed replacing. He dispatched a new one and the machine now functions fully.
I purchased my machine from them on basis of having seen a large number of positive coments on their great service which has proven to be true. So glad I did.

Thank you Rory!

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.