file Question Problem with motors being weak and stalling

• per.takman
  • per.takman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
14 Oct 2019 00:15 - 14 Oct 2019 00:16 #57439 by per.takman
I found this evening that I have a problem with my D840 after not having used it in a while. The symptom is that all three motors axis seems to become really weak at high speeds. The machine worked well last time I used it, but now this is causing it to loose steps.

I don’t have any reason to suspect any mechanical changes to the system so I suspect problems with either the power supply or the drive electronics.

How would you recommend that I proceed with troubleshooting? Any recommendations?

Cheers,

Per Takman
Last edit: 14 Oct 2019 00:16 by per.takman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2019 01:49 #57476 by CBUCK_CNC
Replied by CBUCK_CNC on topic Problem with motors being weak and stalling
I have found that I have the same issue. Just like any other CNC machine they like to keep moving. so I created a code that warms up the machine before I use it. Basically moves all steppers and while it goes through this warm up I lubricate the ball screws.

• per.takman
  • per.takman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
17 Oct 2019 09:59 #57486 by per.takman
Replied by per.takman on topic Problem with motors being weak and stalling
I found that cleaning and lubricating the screws and guides solved the issue for me.

Cheers,

Per