file Question Sudden shift during pocketing

• Terlouw
  • Terlouw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
10 May 2020 17:46 #58984 by Terlouw
Sudden shift during pocketing was created by Terlouw
Today I (beginner) was pocketing wood with a 6mm ball mill with a Stepcraft D600 and an AMB 1050. As shown in the attached image, the center position suddenly changed with about 8mm in the x-axis. There did not seem to be any obstruction or other mechanical problem. A while ago, a sudden change in the Z-axis position also occurred (fortunately going up). I calculated my feed rate using the Stepcraft instruction, using a RPM of 18.000 and a feed rate of 3420. I'm using Fusion 360 for making the G-codes (and the simulation was OK), using WINPC-NC USB as software.

Does anybody know what the most likely problems are?

Attachment not found

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2022 16:52 #62570 by kwarts
Replied by kwarts on topic Sudden shift during pocketing
Hi,

I was having the same experiences. I somewhere read that you have to use a USB cable with a ferrite coil at the beginning and the end. After I bought this cable the problem was gone. Also make sure the ground cable is connect!

More
26 Aug 2022 11:16 #62576 by CNCMiller
Replied by CNCMiller on topic Sudden shift during pocketing
Hi,

Most problems in sudden changes or strange behaviour of your machine are communication related (unless you have a corrupted G-code).
Or the USB connection is not stable enough or your computer is preforming other tasks during the milling process.
Another issue can be a time out on the USB port (power safe) of your computer.
Grounding of your machine can help, I don't have that on my machine and have never any problems.

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021