question-circle Question Newbie here. Can't home my machine.

• Strape
  • Strape's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
12 May 2022 21:31 #62345 by Strape
Newbie here. Can't home my machine. was created by Strape
Hello,
I have problem homing my machine. I am totally new to the CNC stuff.
Here is video:
youtube.com/shorts/ujMU0ZzPI8k

When I press "home all" the Z axis starts moving up, reach top and starts moving down. It makes weird noise while moving down and stops after few seconds. Then I must reset the whole machine with the big red button to be able to control it again.
I searched a little on internet and tried setting the soft-limits to 1000000, but it made no difference.

Do you have any idea what is the problem? I bought the kit, putting it together myself, so it might be even problem in assembly. I took the Z axis apart, but saw nothing obvious. I know I had problems in the assembly with the thin sheet metal flaps activating limit switches, but I think they should work fine now.

Do you have any advice, please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2022 10:29 #62736 by [email protected]
Hello, Strape. I am newbie, as well. As well I encounted same problem as you. How did you manage to fix this problem?
May be you now know some useful resource for newbie CNC regards?
Denis

More
09 May 2023 11:44 #63121 by [email protected]
There are two fix you can try.
1. Start the home sequence and push the lower z limit. If it then moves in x, you must adjust the metal lever on the micro switch, so that it engages earlier.
2. When mounting the z axis, it is possible to squeeze the cables, so you get a grounding problem. Remount the z axis, and look for squeezes cables.

More
13 May 2023 10:56 #63130 by tonitsh
Replied by tonitsh on topic Newbie here. Can't home my machine.
Same problem here for me. but when i home, my x axes tries to go out of the frame.

More
10 Oct 2023 23:52 #63369 by Maj
Replied by Maj on topic Newbie here. Can't home my machine.
Hi
I have the same homing issue that you posted, may I please know how did you fix it
Cheers
Maj

More
16 Oct 2023 09:11 #63376 by m_gabell
Replied by m_gabell on topic Newbie here. Can't home my machine.

Maj wrote: Hi
I have the same homing issue that you posted, may I please know how did you fix it
Cheers
Maj

A problem I had when doing some of this was that the soft-limits were set and it might be that. Its perhaps not the full story but
it might be something to check. Just remove soft limits while you try out.