lightbulb Question home made enclosure

• mrRuben
  • mrRuben's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
08 Aug 2019 20:04 #57169 by mrRuben
home made enclosure was created by mrRuben
this is not the a creation on the stepcraft obviously, but it is for the machine so it kind of counts I think.
I wanted to make a nice enclosure first, while I'm waiting for the bits to arrive to make the wasteboard.

I used a standard size of 1220 mm *610 of 18mm thick underlayment. this gives me an inside width of 1184mm by 800mm which is just perfect for my D840. I took into account the max height of the machine and width, allowing for about 100 mm extra for the performance kit.

I am still looking for the best position for the HF spindle controller and the aquarium pump.
Any ideas here would be welcome. I can fit the pump in front of the machine and I could put the controller on it's side, but that would block one of the air vents.

my initial idea was a shallow shelf under the top/ceiling of the enclosure, but that would hinder the Z axis at it's max.
I have about 65mm clearance above the max Z-axis height.

another possibility is to add a shelf below the machine in one of the two openings I reserved for drawers.
but I wonder if that would hinder the tube of the pump. I think the wires for the spindle controller are long enough.
I could make a slot in the bottom plate to allow the wire to easily move back and forth.

The final possibility I see is to add a smaller box, half the depth to the top of the enclose to hold all the two extras.
This would also allow me to have the extension cord (with a switch) in that top compartment and not in the dusty machine compartment.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.