file Question Another Enclosure for a 420

• Giles
  • Giles's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
26 Jan 2021 11:45 - 26 Jan 2021 11:59 #60417 by Giles
Another Enclosure for a 420 was created by Giles
I'm the happy owner of a 420, but I do find it extremely noisy, and difficult to share a space with (In the house) - as goes for all cnc machines.
I finally decided to build an enclosure with a view to reducing the noise levels - but also to take up as little space as possible.

This is around 600mm wide, and around 650mm front to back and the same high. It's built from 18mm MDF in order to give it mass, and the interior has all surfaces carpeted to provide a bit more sound insulation. Extraction is ported through the top, via 3D printed fittings, and on the right hand side is a simple attenuated air inlet, which lets very little sound out. The doors are diagonally hinged to allow easy access to the spindle, and lighting is at bed height via LED strips. The whole thing cost just under £100 to make, and I wish I had done it a couple of years ago. It cuts out probably 2/3rds of the sound, and makes life bearable!

The door windows were cnc'ed on the 420!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 26 Jan 2021 11:59 by Giles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MagIO2, hoedur

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2021 13:50 #60420 by Nioldo
Replied by Nioldo on topic Another Enclosure for a 420
Looks really great!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.