• TommyF
  • TommyF's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
14 Nov 2018 18:11 #55059 by TommyF
UCcnc on to machine was created by TommyF
Hello

Total new in this,, using Mach3 now, but would like to PERHAPS go with newer software,, i have a laptop dedicated to my StepCraft 420, i read thet UCcnc will lock to the UC100 dongle,,,

IF i install UCcnc on my bid desktop ONLY for empty test run for check og gcode and macros aso,, can i still install UCcnc on my laptop and use it proberlly as my cutting PC even if the desktop version have 'lock' the software to the dongle..

IE,, does UCcnc write anything to the module at all?

For now i only install on my Desktop PC, have not connected Stepcraft yet, no install yet on my laptop..

Thx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2018 09:08 #55068 by CNCMiller
Replied by CNCMiller on topic UCcnc on to machine
Hello Tommy,

I know that UCCNC is hot now, but did you consider WINPC-NC USB version?
This progam is registred to your Stepcraft machine (unique build nr.) so you can install the software on any computer and use it.
Only when starting this program it will look for your Steppie, can't find it and set you in offline mode.
Now you can use the program to check the G-code or make changes in the setup and run a simulation.

good luck

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

• TommyF
  • TommyF's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
15 Nov 2018 13:17 #55073 by TommyF
Replied by TommyF on topic UCcnc on to machine
Hello,, no but i will look into that :-) Thx.