question-circle Question Fusion360 with (default) Y and Z swapped setting mirrors program in UCCNC

• Beugelaar
  • Beugelaar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
14 Dec 2021 11:56 #61755 by Beugelaar
Hi,

I had some issues with milling a double sided part. The program seems to be flipped on the machine.

If in fusion360 WCS I select Z to be up and X to be straight ahead of me, the X arrow points away from me forward and the Y axis points to the left. On the machine the XY 0,0 is on the lower left in that orientation, so the Y-axis would be pointing to the right.

I did some investigation and it seems that I have had Fusion360 set to the default Y axis up instead of Z axis up. This setting only changes new documents, but is does also result in swapping an axis so that it aligns with the machine axis directions.

I have tried to change the WCS in the Fusion360 machining setup, but no matter what, always one axis is pointing the wrong way compared to the machine. Flipping an axis always also changes the direction of another axis.

It seems that if I change the Fusion360 setting this problem will go away in new documents, but I cannot make all these designs again. I wonder if there is a setting in UCCNC to swap axis, so i can post process in Fusion360 with Y axis up and have UCCNC interpret Y as Z and Z as Y.

Or are there other solutions to this problem?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.