question-circle Frage Free CAM software for newbies: G-simple

Mehr
14 Jan 2015 21:15 - 14 Jan 2015 21:17 #13718 von julius
Free CAM software for newbies: G-simple wurde erstellt von julius
After many researches I've found G-simple .
A simple CAM software for generating gcode. More than this it's completely free :woohoo:

It has also elementary CAD features that are, in my opinion, not so bad at all. Even for machining some quite advanced "mechanical" parts. It can also import DXF files. Seems a good software for "playing" with the Steppie before doing "serious" things.

How can be such good software completely free???
What are the drawbacks?
I'm missing something?

I'have downloaded it and started in a couple of seconds. It works perfectly in Linux simply using the Wine emulator. I still didn't make any test with the CNC machine.
Somebody has tested it?

SC300 + Spindle HF500 + Portalerhöhung + LinuxCNC + gsimple
Letzte Änderung: 14 Jan 2015 21:17 von julius.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
23 Mär 2015 20:35 - 23 Mär 2015 20:36 #17660 von julius
I'm still playing with G-Simple, it's a good software for beginners (and to understand some gcode too).

Just a couple of things:

1) configuration of the program

You have to edit the file gsimple.cfg located in the gsimple installation directory to customize it.
For example I have forced all gcodes to begin with instruction G64 by writing the following line in the file:
PROGSTART G64 P0.01

2) Customization upon the machine used

Simply doesn't work... I have created the file stepcraft300.cfg and linked it to gsimple.cfg following the examples but... it is ignored. You can select the machine when running gsimple but nothing happens. Valid settings remains only the ones in the gsimple.cfg file.

Ok, for a zero-dollar program maybe we cannot ask too much. Anyway it makes it's dirty work! ;)
I haven't tried yet to import 2D dxf file to make the milled down, maybe I will try in future.

Tschuss

SC300 + Spindle HF500 + Portalerhöhung + LinuxCNC + gsimple
Letzte Änderung: 23 Mär 2015 20:36 von julius.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Denus

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.