file Frage I want to use my cad files with this CNC machine

Mehr
04 Feb 2015 23:22 - 04 Feb 2015 23:32 #15212 von emil
Is t he metal peice holding the tool to short or whuy is there problems to fit other tools?

What about the dremel? And what model?
Letzte Änderung: 04 Feb 2015 23:32 von emil.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
04 Feb 2015 23:48 - 04 Feb 2015 23:52 #15215 von MagIO2
It is not a matter of fitting into the tool-holder.

Other available spindels meant for milling are too big, too heavy, too expensive, too loud. Other people here say that the quality of a Dremel is even worse than that of the Proxxon.

If you have the ability to build turned alu-parts the best option is to use a proxxon with the selfmade 7 ball bearing head from james here in the german part of the forum.
See here

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas
Letzte Änderung: 04 Feb 2015 23:52 von MagIO2.

Mehr
05 Feb 2015 00:20 #15216 von emil
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-400W-Brushless-Spindle-Motor-ER11-Mach3-PWM-speed-controller-Mount-PSU-/121554573154
Something like this would not work out then?

Or can you buy that upgrade as a kit?

Maby its just the easiest to buy the proxon now to get started and then upgrade later to that expensive spindle stepcraft supplies.

Is it easy to dismantle the proxon and change bearings to some better ones?

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
05 Feb 2015 05:36 - 05 Feb 2015 05:37 #15217 von MagIO2
This one has a max. speed of 12000 rpm and you will loose a lot of space in z-axis in comparison to proxxon.

The bearing that would have to be changed is the bearing of the motor itself. I don't think that it can be changed easily. There are guys that swear on oiling this bearing with each regular machine maintenance to extend the lifetime.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas
Letzte Änderung: 05 Feb 2015 05:37 von MagIO2.

Mehr
05 Feb 2015 17:28 #15256 von emil
depends what kind of motor can. maby you could balance the motor if the motor bearing is the one that goes. But that depends what kind of motor it is if its easy or not. for the price i guess its a brushed motor and that would be a pain to dismantle. Ok i have motor oil at home Allways put some in the bearings on my brushless motors.

Mehr
06 Feb 2015 00:22 #15289 von emil
Ah well ordered the StepCraft 600 with proxxon and everything.
Also ordered lpt header backplate for my i5 mainborad.
My brother is giving me an old i7 he is going th throw away maby that one also has lpt header port on the main board.

I saw this live dvd for linuxCNC required dualcore or better to run as it was supposed to. That or an old unsupported ubuntu version 8.05 or something, with an older version of linuxCNC.
Tested the newer one on my 1.6ghz laptop with lpt got realy bad latency-test score.
My p3 800mhz gave me 10000/14000 score when not running other apps when i disabled bluetooth and sound support.

Ah well waiting like a kid for his christmas pressent.

• OpaHoppenstedt
  • OpaHoppenstedts Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • SC 300 an LinuxCNC
Mehr
06 Feb 2015 11:05 #15299 von OpaHoppenstedt
OpaHoppenstedt antwortete auf I want to use my cad files with this CNC machine
Laptops don't work well with LinuxCNC, probably because their power saving features.

Multiple CPU cores can also cause trouble. Even on my Atom system I only run with one (1) core.

Personally I find Ubuntu distributions easier to work with than Debian if you are used to Windows. I started with the CD based on Ubuntu 10.04 with LinuxCNC 2.5.4. With a LAN or Wifi connection it is very easy to upgrade from there and currently I am running 2.6.5. Just do not update Ubuntu itself in any way.

A score of 14000 is ok. Give it a try.

Wilhelm

Mehr
06 Feb 2015 18:08 #15306 von emil
I hawe Ubuntu on my laptop. Used linux since 2001 or 2002. But used win7 as my main of since win7 came out.