Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
WINPC-NC USB Height...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

WINPC-NC USB Height Compensation X-axis ?

4 Beiträge
3 Benutzer
0 Likes
3,889 Ansichten
(@harpri)
Themenstarter

Hello,
I'm working with a Stepcraft 420 with WINPC-NC-USB (ver 2.10/63).
I noticed that for engraving jobs, a slight height difference in the X-axis direction can harm the quality of the endproduct. I measured this height difference with a dial indicator on a glass plate; in the Y-axis direction the result was hardly measurable (which is good news) and 0,65 mm in the X-axis direction. Several attempts to adjust this mechnically were not succesfull, but in the end I managed to reduce this to 0,05 mm over the full width (in every Y-axis position).

My question: Is there a way to compensatie this constant height difference in the software ? My quess would be in "Parameters" --> "Machine Parameters";

Kind regards,
Harry.

Veröffentlicht : 16/11/2015 5:13 pm
(@tikka)
Estimable Member

Hello,

My question: Is there a way to compensatie this constant height difference in the software ? My quess would be in "Parameters" --> "Machine Parameters";

Not familiar with WINPC-NC, but I don`t think you can compensate this in a machine software. Probably calls for a 3D engraving software or you could make a better sacrificial plate by milling as Rory explained somewhere in this forum.

Stepcraft 600SF (version 1) parallel port
Proxxon IBS/E
Mach3
devCad Cam Pro; devWing Cam; devFus Cam; Profili Pro 2

Veröffentlicht : 16/11/2015 7:09 pm
(@rory)
Reputable Member

It is possible to program a CNC to compensate like this. one needs a probe and setup where the machine probes a grid on the base - the positions are then loaded and the the 2D planar toolpaths ar applied to the measure surface. However this is beyond the scope of the STEPCRAFT and very advance.

The best way to eliminate what you are seeing is to secure a MDF bed to the machine and mill the top surface flat with the machine. This is how even some high end machines are configured once installed. For reliable Z depth on fine machining - facing the sacrificial bed is the best way.

Veröffentlicht : 19/11/2015 9:35 pm
(@harpri)
Themenstarter

Thank you for the tips. That is the way I am going to solve the problem: flattening the MDF sacrificial plate.

Kind regards,
Harry.

Veröffentlicht : 24/11/2015 12:53 pm
Teilen: