file Frage UCCNC & no jog...

Mehr
26 Jan 2016 21:12 #29720 von jvalencia
jvalencia antwortete auf UCCNC & no jog...
how are you clamping the piece?

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
26 Jan 2016 21:48 - 26 Jan 2016 21:48 #29723 von apcnc
apcnc antwortete auf UCCNC & no jog...
Your feed rate is definitely too high - you loose steps! Depends on your machine...
Try the same with slower feed rate
Letzte Änderung: 26 Jan 2016 21:48 von apcnc.

Mehr
26 Jan 2016 22:00 #29724 von sjorzzzie
sjorzzzie antwortete auf UCCNC & no jog...
I clamp the wood with the supplied iron bars. But have not found the perfect clamp method for thicker wood jet.

I used the settings from this post:
Spindle speed 18000 rpm, Feed rate 40 mm/s, Plunge Rate 20 mm/s.

This I set in cut2d along with the mill. Or do I also need to change settings in uccnc? I have the stepcraft 840 version 2

Mehr
27 Jan 2016 18:53 - 27 Jan 2016 18:55 #29764 von jvalencia
jvalencia antwortete auf UCCNC & no jog...
40 mm/s = 2.4 m/min!

That's a lot, reduce it 16 mm/s (1m/min) and try again. And adjust the plunge rate too. For example: 10mm/s.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad
Letzte Änderung: 27 Jan 2016 18:55 von jvalencia.

Mehr
27 Jan 2016 20:45 #29771 von sjorzzzie
sjorzzzie antwortete auf UCCNC & no jog...
It worked, that did the trick! First time it got stuck half way and shifted... But that is maybe the wood or my essembly.

I'm pleased with the first result.

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Mehr
07 Feb 2016 00:59 #30270 von Kivinen
Kivinen antwortete auf UCCNC & no jog...
Good you got that working.

As I said in my post earlier, I have used the 40 mm/s = 2400mm/min speed when cutting soft wood and that do work for me for 3mm 2flute end mill up to 3 mm deep cuts for X-axis. That speed is fast, but properly tuned SC machine should be able to do that. I do have HF500, not sure if that makes any difference.

Also for Y-axis my machine have some issues, so I have limited the speed in Y-axis in UCCNC to 1000mm/min (=16mm/s) just to make sure it does not loose steps. I.e. my machine will sometimes loose steps in Y-axis direction if I go faster then 1500mm/min speeds, even without any load (just jogging in UCCNC). For X-axis direction I can run it 5000mm/min speeds without any problems (although I have limited the speed to the suggested 3000mm/min there too). Just to be sure I do not ruin works before I have time to really check why the Y-axis is loosing steps on faster speed, I have been running it slow. In quite often the major cuts are along X-axis so it does not slow down the cutting that much.

In my last work I found out that in certain location on my Y-axis it lost steps even with that reduced speed, and it seemed to do that several times in about same location, so I guess there might be something wrong with the rails or something, but I just moved the workpiece to different location and managed to get everything working again.

Still need to take the machine apart to check the Y-axis, but doing that is quite a bit of work, so I have not yet found time for it.

Anyways if your material is harder you do want to reduce the speeds. Same if you are using different bits. On my 6mm end mill I do use the 1000mm/min = 16mm/s speed, and on aluminum I used 240mm/min = 4mm/s for the same 3mm bit.

You need to experiment with the suitable feed rates for the machine, material and bit, and I suggest you keep record which settings worked for you, so you can later check it to get suitable parameters if you change something.

Stepcraft 2 840 Kickstarter make anything package
HF500, 3D print, Drag Knife, etc
UCCNC + UC100, V-Carve

Mehr
04 Dez 2022 13:08 #62743 von StepcraftUserRW
StepcraftUserRW antwortete auf UCCNC & no jog...
So what your syaing is we cant use the default profile with the stepccraft machines? I'm finding my Series-2 D840 stepcraft profile lacking in so many ways, and also very buggy... I would love to switch over to the non stepcraft tampered UCCNC but I dont know why it wont Jog.. is there any way to fix that?

my typical problems are simple...
1) often the software wont let me reset because it thinks the limit switches y-,x-, and z- are triggered... (which they arent and eachc time i even unplug them and replug them in to make sure there isnt a shortage.
2) my z axis likes to home in the wrong direction, heading right for a suidical plunge towards the machine bed..

I contacted stepcraft about this, and no answeres or help. So as a friend of mine suggested, turn to the forums!

These problems arent consistent, they happen maybe once out of every 4 or 5 times that I run the machine. which is often enough to make it almost not worth using the machine because ill spend a few hours trouble shooting only to have zero luck and somehow magically the next day it decides to behave...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John