file Frage UCCNC 1.2029 Annoyance.

Mehr
03 Feb 2017 16:01 #43673 von peterg1000
UCCNC 1.2029 Annoyance. wurde erstellt von peterg1000
Hi,

I found a most annoying glitch in Rev 1.2029 this morning when trying to operate the latest M31 macro. This demands that the machine be "Homed" before allowing the macro to proceed - fair enough, tedious but understandable.

What is really annoying, and I found this out quite by accident, is that the warning pop up is hidden by the main screen. Whether this is a "feature" of my PC (Win XP Prof) or inbuilt into UCCNC code or configurable in the ".pro" file I have no idea.

Symptoms are that having pressed the probe icon, everything freezes with no onscreen indication. Recovery is by minimising the main screen, clicking on the "Machine not homed" "OK" box, maximising the main screen and doing the "Home". Thereafter everything works as per normal.

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
03 Feb 2017 16:21 #43676 von Doug
Doug antwortete auf UCCNC 1.2029 Annoyance.
Hi Peter.

I haven't noticed this specific situation but I'm not altogether surprised to hear about it. I noticed maximise/minimise issues on UCCNC on Windows XP. UCCNC seems to always force itself on top.

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), dsgb.net

Mehr
03 Feb 2017 21:21 #43696 von SiSt
SiSt antwortete auf UCCNC 1.2029 Annoyance.
Hi,

this issue is specific to some M31 macros. In UCCNC the macros can contain .NET code and there are different options to show a message box and some will end up with the one that can be hidden by the main window. There is a thread on forum.cncdrive.com regarding this issue. Also homing is not required if you only want to zero Z, so you could probably remove the message, if you're not using a fixed position for the tool length sensor. But I consider it to be good practice to home the machine on startup.

SiSt

SC 2/420, HF Spindel, UCCNC
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: peterg1000

Mehr
03 Feb 2017 21:56 #43698 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf UCCNC 1.2029 Annoyance.
Hi SiSt,

Thanks for that information and the link to the cncdrive forum. Looks like it's an interesting problem to solve for someone a lot cleverer than I!!.

Having found the little quirk and a simple workaround, I then tried to calibrate my tool length sensor using, as requied, tool offsets. In my case I was using tool#1 as I don't have tool changer. Had considerable difficulty in getting reproducible results, so I eventually gave up and used the original simple M31 macro.

Results with this macro are excellent and by using electrical sensing for calibration, the tool zero can be reliably set to better than 0.01mm - more than adequate for pcb milling.

I might have another try at the double probing macro sometime in the future, meantime the simple one is more than adequate.

Peter

UC100 + UCCNC

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Mehr
04 Feb 2017 03:16 #43702 von ger21
ger21 antwortete auf UCCNC 1.2029 Annoyance.
If you edit the M31 macro, and change this line:

MessageBox.Show("The machine was not yet homed, home the machine before run to parking position!");

to this:

MessageBox.Show(exec.mainform, "The machine was not yet homed, home the machine before run to parking position!");

The Message Box will always stay on top.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: peterg1000, DocBrown

Mehr
04 Feb 2017 10:16 - 04 Feb 2017 10:32 #43707 von peterg1000
Hi Gerry,

Thanks for that - you are definitely VERY much cleverer than I !!!!!!!!!!!

I'll try that later this morning.

Peter.

Just reviewed your CNC woodworker site - fascinating stuff there and many hours of painstaking coding behind it. Take a look Stepcrafters!

UC100 + UCCNC

Letzte Änderung: 04 Feb 2017 10:32 von peterg1000. Grund: Additional comment

Mehr
04 Feb 2017 17:41 #43732 von peterg1000
Hi,

Gerry's modification seems to do the trick on the original M31.txt. However since I don't have a tool changer, I have modified the file to do double probing on simple tool length sensor (home made touch probe configuration).

For anyone interested I've attached a copy to this post.

Peter

UC100 + UCCNC

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Anhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Mehr
04 Feb 2017 21:55 #43765 von ger21
ger21 antwortete auf UCCNC 1.2029 Annoyance.

peterg1000 schrieb: Hi Gerry,

Thanks for that - you are definitely VERY much cleverer than I !!!!!!!!!!!

Not that much.... :unsure:
Just passing along the info I got from CNC Drive.
Glad to help.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html