file Frage S420 and MACH3

Mehr
11 Feb 2017 22:16 #44175 von Grum
S420 and MACH3 wurde erstellt von Grum
I have an LPT card in the machine s420. Can I connect the machine to a notebook with MACH3 that with also has a LPT output. Something I tried but did not work.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
11 Feb 2017 22:59 #44180 von MagIO2
MagIO2 antwortete auf S420 and MACH3
Should be possible. Maybe you have to change some settings in the BIOS. I forgot about which settings are possible, but I remember that some mainboards offered different modes for LPT- ports.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Mehr
12 Feb 2017 09:37 #44188 von DocBrown
DocBrown antwortete auf S420 and MACH3
In addition to Andreas answer...the settings for different LPT modes can be found in the BIOS settings.
But there could also be a performance problem of the LPT board. So in that case one solution can be using a UC100 oder similar "active" interface: Interface

I´m using that UC1000 with UCCNC and did test it successfully with MACH3.

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
V2/420 China 800W wassergekühlt
UCCNC & ARDUINO ESTLCAM Controller
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11

Mehr
13 Feb 2017 02:35 #44220 von ger21
ger21 antwortete auf S420 and MACH3
Are you using a 64 bit OS? Mach3 can only use a 32 bit OS with the parallel port, Windows 7, XP, or 2000.
And Laptops are not recommended, as most won't work well with a parallel port and Mach3.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html