file Frage Mach3 vs UCCNC

Mehr
14 Feb 2017 00:44 #44291 von SFDeeJay
Mach3 vs UCCNC wurde erstellt von SFDeeJay
Don't laugh and say "you just shot yourself in the foot". Got UCCNC running fine w/ UC100 USB, then thought this is good but maybe Mach3 will be better (camera support, lots more goodies). Now, not only will Mach3 refuse to see the UC100 (replaced cheap USB cable w/ shielded, all lights look good), but now I can't seem to go back to UCCNC after complete wipes and reinstall. UCCNC will only come up in test mode, even tho registered user file is in right place and all blue/green lights look good. So, go ahead and have a laugh on me, but could someone please steer me right?

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
14 Feb 2017 03:20 #44294 von ger21
ger21 antwortete auf Mach3 vs UCCNC
Do you have the latest Mach3 plugin installed for the UC100?
You should be able to switch back and forth, and the UC100 should automatically update it's firmware for the software that you're using.
You should only get a blue light when the software is connected to the UC100

You might want to contact CNC Drive.

Not sure why you think that Mach3 has "lots more goodies" ?? The latest versions of UCCNC can do just about everything that Mach3 can, and UCCNC is far superior in the motion department.
Myself and many other long time Mach3 users are moving to UCCNC, because it's better than Mach3.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: SFDeeJay

Mehr
14 Feb 2017 10:09 #44308 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf Mach3 vs UCCNC
Hi SFDeeJay,

Did you check that Mach3 didn't overwrite the UCCNC drivers for UC100?? Just a thought.

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Mehr
14 Feb 2017 17:45 #44342 von SFDeeJay
SFDeeJay antwortete auf Mach3 vs UCCNC
Gerry and Peter: Thanks to both of you for quick response. Perhaps I didn't give UCCNC a fair trial before thinking there was something better. Maybe I was seduced by the glitzy screens (and the neat camera app) in Mach3. In any case I have been super cautious in all installs/de-installs/latest drivers, plugins. You do raise an interesting point, Peter, re: driver overwrites. What I noticed was that in both cases, the drivers appeared to be exactly the same. I sure would like to be able to switch between the two, but read somewhere (from a post that sounded reliable) that the installation of one or the other would write to the UC-100 BIOS, overwriting the previous. This kind of sounds like what happened, but does not explain how careful re-installs don't work. I even take the time to do a search of software pieces that may have been left behind. Don't know if others would agree, but I wish I could get EstlCAM to work (it seems to prefer the Arduino board and doesn't like the UC-100).

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
14 Feb 2017 18:24 #44343 von MagIO2
MagIO2 antwortete auf Mach3 vs UCCNC
It's not hard to get EstlCAM going. There is a Shield available in the forum. You can mill it or etch it, then you plug it into the Arduino and you have a replacement for the parallel-Board that you probably have plugged into the SC-driver-board.

Firmware can be uploaded by EstlCAM itself.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Mehr
15 Feb 2017 05:21 #44365 von ger21
ger21 antwortete auf Mach3 vs UCCNC

You do raise an interesting point, Peter, re: driver overwrites

This is really not possible.

The UC100 has a USB driver, that enables Windows to access it. This driver installs under windows, and is software independent.

The UC100 also contains firmware, which is different between Mach3 and UCCNC.

If your using Mach3, here's what happens. When you have the UC100 Mach3 plugin installed, Mach3 will look for the UC100 when it starts. If the UC100 does not have the correct Mach3 firmware installed, it will notify you, and install it while Mach3 is starting. The blue light on the UC100 will flicker while the firmware is being updated, and will be solid when Mach3 is communicating with it.

When you then start UCCNC, it will go through the same process, detecting the UC100, and installing the UCCNC firmware.

If you are seeing the blue light, but it's not working, you really need to contact CNC Drive, as the blue light is the indicator that it IS working.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mehr
15 Feb 2017 08:22 - 15 Feb 2017 08:23 #44366 von DerRoy
DerRoy antwortete auf Mach3 vs UCCNC
Does the UC100 appears correct in the Windows device manager?
It should be shown there as UC100 CNC Motion Controller

If it is not shown correct, use the device manager to update the driver, choose manuall and point to the directory UCCNC\USB_Installer\x64 (or x86, depending on your windows version)

BR
Roy

MfG
Roy

SC 600/2; SolidWorks; UCCnC und UC100; EstlCam und Arduino Steuerung; KRESS 800kfme;
Letzte Änderung: 15 Feb 2017 08:23 von DerRoy.

Mehr
15 Feb 2017 19:58 #44389 von SFDeeJay
SFDeeJay antwortete auf Mach3 vs UCCNC
Gerry and Roy: Since we are in disparate time zones, I almost had this resolved before seeing your posts this morning. Short answer - I failed to think about device mgr, and after installing correct driver (for UC-100), blue light came on right away. I'm a little bit fearful of trying Mach3 as Gerry carefully explained, but now that I know the pitfalls, will give it a try. One last, but important point for others who may encounter "Unlicensed Version" message, I found that the license file from CNCDrive CAN become corrupt. When I replaced it I was no longer in demo mode - all is good.

Mehr
15 Feb 2017 20:02 #44390 von DerRoy
DerRoy antwortete auf Mach3 vs UCCNC
Good to hear it's working again.
Keep milling.

BR
Roy

MfG
Roy

SC 600/2; SolidWorks; UCCnC und UC100; EstlCam und Arduino Steuerung; KRESS 800kfme;