question-circle Frage 3D milling problems

Mehr
01 Mär 2017 09:25 #45033 von Sonkinas
3D milling problems wurde erstellt von Sonkinas
Hello everyone !
Ill just cut to the chase , im trying to mill some 3D objects on my STEPCRAFT 840, but can't seem to figure out how this works.. I use Vectric Aspire for design and toolpaths, and winpc-nc USB for machine control. As you can see i set up a 3D roughing toolpath for an ak47 ( don't ask.. :D ) but when i upload it to winpc-nc i only get a pocket toolpath.. Could someone please point me at the right direction here , i tried searching the web and could not find anything..

Thanks !

Si

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
01 Mär 2017 10:29 #45034 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf 3D milling problems
Witch pro processor did you use in Aspire?
Witch settings, mill for rough and mill for fine did you used?
How large is the G-code File?

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Sonkinas

Mehr
01 Mär 2017 11:15 - 01 Mär 2017 11:20 #45035 von MrMaJo
MrMaJo antwortete auf 3D milling problems
Did you try to run the program on your mill?
WinPCNC is not showing Z heights. So maybe the correct 3D will be milled, even if not shown correctly in the WinPCNC preview ( I believe there is somewhere an option in WinPCNC to show differnet Z heights with different colours, but not sure where and in which version this option was added. By default is not enabled).
With the strategy you choose for your 3D roughing tool path it is exactly looking like a pocket tool path when viewing it from the top without marking the Z heights in e.g. a different colour.

Maybe you can upload the g-code file, so we can have a closer look to check if the gcode is okay.

Regards,
Marco

Gelernt auf Stepcraft 420
Jetzt mit der Sorotec AL-1107 unterwegs.
Letzte Änderung: 01 Mär 2017 11:20 von MrMaJo.

Mehr
01 Mär 2017 11:53 #45038 von Sonkinas
Sonkinas antwortete auf 3D milling problems
Im using Multicam mm (.plt) pro processor 2.5mm endmill for roughing and a ballpoint for fine. Im sorry but i have no clue where i can see the G code , but MRMajo basically helped me with the answer i can now see the 3d object in winpc-nc , now just got to try to cut it !

Mehr
01 Mär 2017 19:05 - 01 Mär 2017 19:08 #45061 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf 3D milling problems
Sonkinas,

great you found the shaded coloring in WinPC.
You can see the G-code when pressing F7 and it size is your saved toolpath file.
If you only want to run just one toolpath uncheck the colored number on top.

For instance you make a little test toolpath (outside your workpiece) on bitnummer 1 and save the correct tool-paths bits on nr 2,3,etc. this can in one file.
adjust your machine on XYZ null and only check nr 1 and uncheck nr 2,3,etc.
now winpc will only run path with bit nr 1. if you find it ok, uncheck nr 1 and check 2,3,etc and hit F3 again. now your real job begins.
be sure to have checked the option tool-change in the special tab, another nice setting is to check continue interrupted job.

good luck

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021
Letzte Änderung: 01 Mär 2017 19:08 von CNCMiller.