file Frage HELP!! Spindle doesn't start in automatic with software WinPC-NC USB!!

Mehr
12 Okt 2017 13:28 - 12 Okt 2017 13:29 #50766 von XYZLAB
Hello Everybody,
Please need HELP with a problem that I've encounter and am stuck in it! Really need to solve this problem... I've reached stepcraft but have past some days without an answer and I've urgency with this issue!

I have a Stepcraft 2/840 with WinPC-NC full USB and a HF500 spindle. After all the assembly and setup of the machine and software. Everything is running but I can't start the spindle through the software only by the control unit box.

I tried through the Signal test and with Gcode and nothing! In this case I wrote the code like it comes in the operating instructions of the HF500 spindle. It runs the program and makes the virtual square but doesn't start/stop the spindle!

Can this be the settings on Signal Wizzard? Or what could be the problem?

The settings inserted in Signal Wizzard are (the rest I don't mention are with n/a):
INPUTS:
I247 Not Ready - LPT 1 PIN 11
I235 Homing Switch X - LPT 1 Pin 12
I236 Homing Switch Y - LPT 1 Pin 12
I237 Homing Switch Z - LPT 1 Pin 12
I228 Spindle spd ok - LPT 1 PIN 15 inv
I221 Surface Sensor - LPT PIN 10

OUTPUTS:
Q242 Spindle on/off - LPT 1 PIN 1
Q243 Cooling on/off - LPT 1 PIN 14 (in this case I have it set but I own a HF500 without the air pump. Do I still need to have this output set?)
Q218 Sp. Speed PWM - LPT 1 PIN 17

Also Leave the LED colors on Signal Test when this settings are on:
Homing X/Y/Z - Black (when pressed turns Red)
Not Ready - Black
Spindle - Blue (when pressed turns green but does't start spindle)
Cooling - Blue (when pressed turns Green)
Length Sensor - Black (when pressed turns Red)
Spindlespeed - Black (doesn't change even when I pull the Spindle Speed Volts bar)

Note: I also tried to change the Spindle on/off to the LPT 1 PIN 17 and the curious with this is when I start the spindle and the speed on the Signal Test It turns green and the Control Unit also start even when its turned off in the button of the box. But it still doesn't start the spindle!

Does anyone had this problem? I ask again if someone can help! Thank you!

Best Regards from Portugal.
Nuno Gomes
Letzte Änderung: 12 Okt 2017 13:29 von XYZLAB.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
23 Dez 2017 00:39 #51791 von Velinsky
Hi,

I have same problem

Mehr
29 Dez 2017 17:28 #51877 von Oraby
I have the same issue as well but with UCCNC.
Cross-referencing similar related post: www.stepcraft-systems.com/en/forum/operation/4396-issues-with-hf500-spindle-not-starting

Mehr
14 Jan 2018 21:42 #52171 von Olav

Mehr
14 Jan 2018 23:54 #52177 von Oraby
I've contacted Stepcraft support as was suggested in the link I posted above. They support asked me to double check my configuration and such but it didn't help, I'm still waiting to hear back from them on the next suggestion or to replace the spindle control box.

Cheers,
Hatem

Mehr
15 Jan 2018 12:36 #52184 von XYZLAB
Hello Everybody,

Truly sorry for the late answer.

I have solved my problem with stepcraft support after some insistence.

In my case I had the control unit and spindle connected to the Switch-box and a JUMPER was missed from the switch box. So you should try to connect directly the control unit and spindle to the stepcraft, if you allready have done this and still don't work. Check your control unit and see if the control unit doesn't miss a Jumper. If this doesn't solve it, you should insist with the support so they can help you!

The JUMPER is a short length of conductor used to close, open or bypass part of an electronic circuit. They are typically used to set up or configure printed circuit boards, such as the motherboards of computers!! So if you have an old circuit board from an old PC you problably can use that or you can find in any electronic store (it's a cheap part!!).

I also attached one photo of the place where the Jumper should be (photo-A) and two photos of the Jumper (B and C) as an example.

Hope that I could be of some help for you guys!!
Best Regards,
Nuno Gomes

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.