file Frage Fusion 360 and DL445 Laser

Mehr
13 Okt 2017 04:28 #50778 von bmartens
Fusion 360 and DL445 Laser wurde erstellt von bmartens
Hello all,
I was hoping for some advice on how to use fusion 360 with the laser.
In Vectric V Carve Desktop, I set up an end mill with a diameter of 0.1mm, and then used the laser post processor.

Fusion 360 does have some support, it seems, for lasers. There is no dedicated post processor for the laser.

Should I use the end mill route? My concern is that, given no dedicated post-processor, the beam won't turn off between burning segments.

The Laser cutter tool doesn't seem fully flexible. It doesn't have a 'spindle rate' that can be chosen for the beam power.

It seems that the post processor does have a laser power variable, as a percentage, that could be used.
In this circumstance, it seems you'd need separate job files for each laser power setting you were going to use (unlike vcarve).
- the situation in which this is useful is in marking nametags, then cutting them out (or any burning, then cutting operation).
I imagine there are a few other scenarios in which this could be useful

Does anyone out there have experience with using Fusion 360 with the Stepcraft DL445 laser?
Any suggestions on how to best proceed, what settings to use, etc?

Thanks!

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
13 Okt 2017 06:42 #50779 von bvs
bvs antwortete auf Fusion 360 and DL445 Laser
Hallo B.
I am 0% in fusion but maybe you try out this one sometimes and write something here about it in connection with sc.
I have laser on a other system .
Have a nice day
Bruno

klick for laser g code for graphics

Mehr
13 Okt 2017 07:50 #50781 von bvs
bvs antwortete auf Fusion 360 and DL445 Laser
Hello B.
After studying your text a second time, I have a idea:
In my program (estlcam) there is a function "engrave"
And I can make a choice: middle, left or Right.
Try to find this in fusion!
:woohoo:

Mehr
20 Okt 2017 03:03 #50911 von bmartens
bmartens antwortete auf Fusion 360 and DL445 Laser
Thanks - I will try it.
There is also a 'trace' option that may have some benefit.
I'm currently in the middle of a milling project, but after that I'll be back to laser trial ( & error) again.
B