question-circle Frage winpc-nc guides and tutorials?

Mehr
26 Nov 2017 11:21 #51348 von hassage
winpc-nc guides and tutorials? wurde erstellt von hassage
Hallo,

New user here. Just got and setup the Stepcraft 840. It came with the winpc-nc software and have run through the software a few times and managed to get some plotting done with a pen to test out the machine.

I am having issues figuring out the work piece area. I am bringing in the work files from Vcarve pro with all the required settings but it is not reflecting in winpc-nc.

I am thinking of changing to UCCNC and wondering how i would go about doing that?

any help would be much appreciated.

cheers
hassa

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
26 Nov 2017 17:10 - 26 Nov 2017 17:15 #51351 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf winpc-nc guides and tutorials?
Hi Hassa,

If you are going to change to UCCNC, then you will need to purchase a UC100 motion controller and a parallel interface card. The UC100 license allows the UCCNC to communicate with the motion controller via a standard USB cable. The parallel interface card replaces the USB card currently plugged into your Stepcraft control board.

The latest version of UCCNC can always be downloaded from the CNCdrive website and possibly from the Stepcraft site as well. You wont regret the change, UCCNC is very powerful and easy to learn, and the motion controller relieves the control computer of all time critical operations so a very low specification PC is adaquate. I personally use Windows XP on an old "pre-used" Dell.

You will also need to obtain a profile file suitable for your SC2/840 machine - again Stepcraft or your local agent should be able to supply you with this f.o.c

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.
Letzte Änderung: 26 Nov 2017 17:15 von peterg1000. Grund: Typo

Mehr
26 Nov 2017 20:40 #51352 von F7222
F7222 antwortete auf winpc-nc guides and tutorials?
Hello,

I think it's not because WinPcNc but the settings
another software would not solve the problem

Greeting Fritz

Mehr
26 Nov 2017 22:29 #51354 von hassage
hassage antwortete auf winpc-nc guides and tutorials?
Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies.

F7222:
you are right about the software settings. I just think that UCCNC has a better interface and lots more guides/tutorials available.

I could definitely use winpc-nc in the meantime for practice.

Peterg1000:
That's great news. Is swapping out the usb card for a parallel card a very tricky job? Im worried about messing around with the controller board.

Thanks

Mehr
26 Nov 2017 22:33 #51355 von hassage
hassage antwortete auf winpc-nc guides and tutorials?
Anyone got any good links to tutorials or guides in English for winpc-nc?

Mehr
27 Nov 2017 10:06 #51356 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf winpc-nc guides and tutorials?
Hi Hassa,

Replacement of the USB board with the parallel board is simply a matter of unplugging one and replacing with the other. You will also need to change the cover (item 67) - I think that will have to be ordered as a separate item to the parallel board, not sure though.

Regards,

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Mehr
27 Nov 2017 11:21 - 27 Nov 2017 11:22 #51357 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf winpc-nc guides and tutorials?
Hassa,

WinPC-Nc is as good as UCCNC it all depends on what you expect to get.

WinPC that comes with the machine is the light version and that one is just to get you started and make a your first 2D project.
If you want to use this program uprade it to the USB full version (now version 3 is available) at www.lewetz.de/de/sample-sites-2/winpc-nc/fuer-stepcraft-maschinen

Here you also can find the English manual for version 3 at www.lewetz.de/de/service/downloads

In this new version you can see the actual real time position of your mill bit when the job is being carried out and the 3D model as well.

So think of what you want, I like this WinPC-NC v.3

PS. I create my G-Code in the Vecric programs with the post processor WinPC-NC Arcs mm (*.nc) and this works fine.

good luck

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021
Letzte Änderung: 27 Nov 2017 11:22 von CNCMiller.