file Frage Z axis software limits

Mehr
06 Sep 2018 10:47 - 06 Sep 2018 10:57 #54576 von Urquhart
Z axis software limits wurde erstellt von Urquhart
Hello, I need some help with the Z axis adjustment. I am trying to engrave onto a piece that is 180mm tall. It fits under the gantry with the 2mm V-Bit in the cutter, but the machine will not allow it to be cut because it says CURRENT JOB WORKSPACE IS OUT OF THE SET SOFTWARE LIMITS. When the cutter is on the surface of the piece, I can still raise the Z axis by 6 units before it reaches its maximum height. Where or how can I override the Z axis soft limits to allow it to cut the piece. I have disabled the Soft limits in configuration/General but the z axis still tries to go higher than the 6 units available when I press the start cycle button. Hope I have explained this well enough.

Mike
Letzte Änderung: 06 Sep 2018 10:57 von Urquhart.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
06 Sep 2018 12:54 #54577 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf Z axis software limits
Yes you can adjust your Z-axis software limit, but than you have tell to us (the forum members) what software you are using.
Is it WinPC-NC or UCCNC.

either way try to find the parameter for software "workspace" limits and change those to your needs.

good luck

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Mehr
06 Sep 2018 20:59 #54580 von Urquhart
Urquhart antwortete auf Z axis software limits
Thanks for replying, sorry about not mentioning the software, its UCCNC. I think I have solved it now though. The Z gap in the Vcarve software was set to 20, so I changed it to 6 and now it works.

Thanks

Mike