file Frage UCcnc on to machine

Mehr
14 Nov 2018 18:11 #55059 von TommyF
UCcnc on to machine wurde erstellt von TommyF
Hello

Total new in this,, using Mach3 now, but would like to PERHAPS go with newer software,, i have a laptop dedicated to my StepCraft 420, i read thet UCcnc will lock to the UC100 dongle,,,

IF i install UCcnc on my bid desktop ONLY for empty test run for check og gcode and macros aso,, can i still install UCcnc on my laptop and use it proberlly as my cutting PC even if the desktop version have 'lock' the software to the dongle..

IE,, does UCcnc write anything to the module at all?

For now i only install on my Desktop PC, have not connected Stepcraft yet, no install yet on my laptop..

Thx

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
15 Nov 2018 09:08 #55068 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf UCcnc on to machine
Hello Tommy,

I know that UCCNC is hot now, but did you consider WINPC-NC USB version?
This progam is registred to your Stepcraft machine (unique build nr.) so you can install the software on any computer and use it.
Only when starting this program it will look for your Steppie, can't find it and set you in offline mode.
Now you can use the program to check the G-code or make changes in the setup and run a simulation.

good luck

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Mehr
15 Nov 2018 13:17 #55073 von TommyF
TommyF antwortete auf UCcnc on to machine
Hello,, no but i will look into that :-) Thx.