file Frage Problem with UCCNC (reset button / hard limit)

Mehr
18 Jan 2020 19:07 #58049 von Maxime
Hi everyone,

I own a Stepcraft 420 for more than half a year now. Sadly I had little successes so far but trying to persevere.
It is a hobby and I am quite busy with work so I put this on the side for some time. Trying to get back to it as a new year resolution !

In November last year, I managed to start to cutting a piece but it did not finish. In the middle of the job, the CNC stopped working on one axis (was only doing a straight path on X, Z, without Y). I stopped the machine, try to inspect it. There was a lot of strain on the Y axis, which I freed by disassembling and reassembling the railing.
The Y was still not working after that though, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the software and now I simply can't even run anything. The reset button is blinking and on the diagnostic their are 3 red lights for Idle, Reset and Hard Limit.

Anyone would have any idea of how to solve this software issue ? and eventually the hardware one (but one step at a time...) ?

I am running window 10 and there was some updates, could it be related ?

Thanks !

Maxime

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
04 Dez 2022 14:05 #62747 von StepcraftUserRW
StepcraftUserRW antwortete auf Problem with UCCNC (reset button / hard limit)
I have the same problem.. almost every week unfortunatley. for the fact that your y got stuck, i have two words: dust collection. the rails and lead screws on this machine are super susceptible to blockage from small debris. the default motors on the series 2-D machines are not strong enough to overpower even small debis. (thats why they came out with the unfortunatley now discontinued upgrade kit, which also counted steps and self corrected for lost steps, a real shame they dont make this anymore {LOOKING AT YOU STEPCRAFT!!!!} )

Just keep your dust collection good, and keep the machine in good maintainence, along with taking a good look at your speeds and feeds. I also have been using my machine for about a year.

Mehr
18 Dez 2022 18:31 #62779 von Joan
Hi. I have same problem when I start Uccnc. Reset button is blinking and on the diagnostic there are 3 red lights for Idle, Reset and Hard Limit, and impossible to stop reset button. Thanks