file Question Couple Add-ons for my 840

• MWinn
  • MWinn's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
19 Oct 2017 20:56 #50900 by MWinn
Couple Add-ons for my 840 was created by MWinn

Just some simple changes to make life easier.
Yes I know having a knob on the stepper motor is not a good idea, however on more than 1 occasion I have had it hit a limit switch and there was no way to un stick it. I ended up turning the lead screw by hand. Messy. Yes I also power everything off before turning the knobs. I also know the the stepper motors can also create a backward spike, I hooked a voltmeter up and it never moved off 0 though.

I made a 10 slot tool rack, and wanted dust collection to work with it. I had to space the center of the tool slots 1.25 inches apart on center for it to work.
So far no issues, and it works pretty well, gets about 80-90% of the dust/chips.
The final tool rack has carbon fiber embedded, its tuff now.

Finally I saw the Rotozip at a swap meet, $40 for 2, 1 new the other used. Thought I would give it a try, I already have one that I have abused for years and it just keeps on keeping on.

MW

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bodo, ColoRich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2018 02:30 #52913 by ColoRich
Replied by ColoRich on topic Couple Add-ons for my 840
Would you be kind enough to share your .STL files for the tool holder and dust shoe? I'm currently designing one and could use something to compare it to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.