exclamation-circle Frage Application lost the connection with uc100

Mehr
19 Mär 2016 05:28 #32291 von clive 23
Application lost the connection with uc100 wurde erstellt von clive 23
:angry: the fourth time I have lost connection with uc100 quarter of the way thought my job
This what my computer says. the application lost the connection with the uc100 device.check the
Connection the application is close now

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
19 Mär 2016 09:33 #32298 von jvalencia
Try contacting the developer at: cncdrive.com/contact.html

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Mehr
19 Mär 2016 12:31 #32304 von Rory
you have noise in your system that is freezing the UC100 chip.

The UC100 is not at fault - this is most likely a noise issue

Check your USB connections.

Are you using an old tower PC or laptop?

Try a filtered USB cable or wrap the USB cable in some ferrite rings.

are there any large electrical items coming on/off during use of your machine in the same AC connection line?

Have you gounded the machine frame?

The noise is either coming form the machine side - the SC control card could be at fualt. Or its coming from the PC side.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: jonalm

Mehr
31 Mär 2016 00:51 #32654 von jonalm

Rory schrieb:
are there any large electrical items coming on/off during use of your machine in the same AC connection line?

This was the issue i had turning a compressor off and on that was on the same AC as the stepcraft. Apart from putting stuff onto another wall socket is their anyway around this Rory?

Mehr
31 Mär 2016 07:42 - 31 Mär 2016 07:48 #32660 von DocBrown
Hi,

had the same problem always if starting a cooling pump. Then I used a "suppressor capacitor / anti-noise capacitor / decoupling capacitor".. I don't know the correct english translation and this helps 100% !
You have to connect the wires in parallel to the wall socket.

You will find them on ebay for example (here a german result): suppressor-capacitor

or have a look here on the German Wiki page just to give you an idea how to search for: capacitor
Look for those with 3 wires.

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
V2/420 China 800W wassergekühlt
UCCNC & ARDUINO ESTLCAM Controller
ESTLCAM & QCAD
DK5LH/G11
Letzte Änderung: 31 Mär 2016 07:48 von DocBrown.

Mehr
31 Mär 2016 10:01 - 31 Mär 2016 10:02 #32666 von Rory
you can get a ferrite ring and wrap the USB cable around this a few times - this does a good job of suppressing some noise.

like this

And you can ground the Machine. Filtering the AC line into the machine power supply also helps. We use a filter in our control boxes also.

Its all about noise and EMC. if the Machine is correctly grounded and the AC line filtered its not a problem.

Often its not a problem even without these measures. But this is what can be done.

And a capacitor / filter is also a good option as per Doc Browns recommendation. Just be very careful as only a qualified trained person should be doing anything to AC connections.
Letzte Änderung: 31 Mär 2016 10:02 von Rory.