file Frage Best solution for removing wood dust with Kress sp

Mehr
04 Feb 2017 13:28 #43710 von norbert_00
Best solution for removing wood dust with Kress spindle

Hello,

I intend to buy a Stecraft 420 with a Kress 800FME spindle to mill small wood panels and I would like to know if some of yours accept to share their experience with the « Exhaust adapter Kress » proposed on the Stepcraft site ( www.stepcraft-systems.com/en/accessories/system-accessories/milling-spindle/exhaust-adapter-kress ) for removing wood dust with a vacuum cleaner.

It would be nice to reduce the amount of wood dust using a vacuum cleaner (more pleasant to monitor the work progress and much less work to clean the machine and surroundings).

One thing worries me : the diameter of the suction pipe is only 22,5mm. Is this sufficient for an effective aspiration ?

Can you please share your experience in this area ?

Best regards,
Norbert

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
04 Feb 2017 14:00 #43711 von MagIO2
If you have a given suction power, a smaller diameter results in higher speed of airflow. Higher speed is good for removing the dust, but worse for the noise. With a stepcraft we do not have big chips which could get stuck in the pipe, so everything is fine with that diameter.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Mehr
04 Feb 2017 16:11 #43724 von MMorao
Hi Norbert,

Personally I think that dust extraction adapter is an absolute need, and the pipe is more than enough diameter. The removable brush skirt that comes with the system tends to clog a lot, there's not much to do about that.

I have an industrial 1400W vac cleaner which works excellently but it makes one tremendous racket. I have it on a separate room (tube goes through wall) but in any case very good ear protection is required. Also a cyclone dust separator will help with the vac cleaner, there's a thread or two in this forum.

Clockwork Orange is a S600 with 4th axis, Kress 1050. Software is UCCNC, DeskProto, Rhino, DraftSight. Also a Silhouette Cameo for vinyl, plastic card, etc.

Mehr
04 Feb 2017 18:00 #43736 von norbert_00
Thank you very much to both of you for your answers. I will therefore foresee to aspirate the dust from the beginning.

Best regards,
Norbert