file Frage Collets for Kress 800w Spindle

Mehr
01 Jun 2017 23:12 #47798 von SFDeeJay
Collets for Kress 800w Spindle wurde erstellt von SFDeeJay
Is it just because I'm in the USA (where most don't know what mm means), or is the collet/collet w/ nut sizes for the Kress difficult to find?. Also (couldn't find in specs) does someone know if the new Kress 800s ONLY use a nut with built-in collet? I would prefer to deal w/ ER-11 collets (got MANY, in imperial and mm), but perhaps the new model cannot accept a nut w/ (ER-20?) collet. I nearly choked at the Amazon USD price for a Kress collet/nut - $84 !! Tormach appears to have the same thing for $22.50 - go figure. Thanks, fellow members.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
02 Jun 2017 08:45 #47801 von AlanUK
AlanUK antwortete auf Collets for Kress 800w Spindle
Hi, Kress collets not ER but very simular in the way they work, look at this site Sorotec www.sorotec.de they are in germany but have an english website section, and list a lot of collet sizes at a very reasonable price, I am in UK but get mine from them (Kress 1050).

SC600/2, Kress 1050, UCCNC with UC100, Cut2D Pro, TurboCAD and Fusion 360
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: SFDeeJay

Mehr
02 Jun 2017 10:11 #47802 von hb9dod
hb9dod antwortete auf Collets for Kress 800w Spindle
If you can change to a spindle with ER Collets. The Kress are ridiculous expensiv. I paid in Switzerland almost 35 us$ for one while a complet set of ER11 cost 20 bucks.

I will change to 1.5 kw spindle as soon as I have sold my 420. Need a bigger machine ;)

Regards

Tom
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: SFDeeJay

Mehr
03 Jun 2017 17:20 #47836 von SFDeeJay
SFDeeJay antwortete auf Collets for Kress 800w Spindle
I was able to order a few different Kress collets w/ nut from a large CNC manufacturer (Tormach) at a VERY reasonable price ($22.50 USD each). The were out of stock on my favorite size, 3/16", so it will be interesting to see if what they ship will really fit. Alan: I have always been reluctant to order online from countries "across the pond", because of the high shipping fees AND the USA's terrible postal system. I may give Sorotec a try if shipping is not exorbitant.