question-circle Frage Connection between air pump and HF500 spindle

Mehr
24 Mär 2015 21:14 - 24 Mär 2015 21:14 #17699 von julius
Hello,

I'm using the spindle without problems but I'm not completely sure if I've connected it with the air cooling pump in the right manner. The manual it's obscure about that.

The air pump has two nozzles from which the air is flowing out. I've connected the air pump in this way:

- I've plugged the plastic pipe in one of the nozzles (randomly choosen)
- I've plugged the other end of the pipe in the spindle.

Is that the correct way to do it?

I have this doubt 'cause a relevant amount of air is flowing out from the second spindle too, but it's unused. It is normal?

(By the way, there is a "T" shaped joint that comes with air pump; seems designed to join together more plastic pipes. What is that for?)

SC300 + Spindle HF500 + Portalerhöhung + LinuxCNC + gsimple
Letzte Änderung: 24 Mär 2015 21:14 von julius.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
24 Mär 2015 22:23 #17705 von frankjoke
Which pump are you using?

The airflow is mainly not for cooling, it is to generate inside preassure not to let the dust into the spindle.

I have no pump for the spindle but had no problem so far as well because I use exhaust adapter to get rid of dust before it reaches the spindle.

Frank
Steppcraft 600/2 + HF500 + SwitchBox + Laser + Schleppmesser
Absaugung und Vakuumtisch
an Mach3 oder UCCNC mit Taster für Z-Null und Werkzeuglänge

Mehr
24 Mär 2015 23:35 - 24 Mär 2015 23:36 #17711 von julius
Hi Frank,
honestly I have no idea of what type of pump it is. It comes from Stepcraft, it was bundled with the HF500. Now it's not a home, it's in my "hobbyraum", so I cannot check the tiny label located on the lower part of it. Maybe I will take a look at it tomorrow.

Anyway you're right, the air is not for cooling.
But why it has two "air outputs" and not just one? I have only one spindle, not two! : ) : )

Letzte Änderung: 24 Mär 2015 23:36 von julius.

Mehr
25 Mär 2015 00:41 #17713 von coanda
If its the same as the one I received, its made primarily for aquariums.

Initially I would have one of the outlets blocked off and then the other will get the maximum output. I wonder if there is enough air pressure to use the second output as a basic cooling outlet aimed at the cutter.

Mehr
25 Mär 2015 12:35 #17728 von julius
Hello, the idea of blocking the second nozzle it's not so bad. I will try it today.

I think that's there is not enough pressure for cooling/cleaning the cutter...

Mehr
25 Mär 2015 16:02 #17736 von coanda
Yeah, I got two varable flow connectors with my pump. I used a short piece of tubing and a fully closed connector so its still completely useable should I need it. Definitely not powerful enough to clear anything but could help cool cutters a little.

Mehr
25 Mär 2015 16:50 - 25 Mär 2015 16:52 #17742 von julius
Udates:

Coanda, you're right. It's an air pump for acquariums. The model is APS 300 (300 liters per hour) produced by Tetra GmbH .

Looking at the manual, the APS 300 nozzle outputs should be joined together using the T-joint to get more pressure:

Well... maybe just two rows of text from Stepcraft about how mounting it could help a lot. I'm asking too much??? :whistle:

P.S:
The air flow is not strong enough to clean chips/dust. To get some effect it should be mounted really really close to the milling bit. Unfortunately, mounted in that way, it would interfere with milling operations...

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 25 Mär 2015 16:52 von julius.

Mehr
25 Mär 2015 23:19 #17770 von frankjoke
Thanks to clarify Julius!

I did not get any pump with the HF500 :(

Anyhow, would also block the unused output but the better solution might be the picture on the post before becuase it may otherwise not be able to generate full airflow/hour as specified.

Frank
Steppcraft 600/2 + HF500 + SwitchBox + Laser + Schleppmesser
Absaugung und Vakuumtisch
an Mach3 oder UCCNC mit Taster für Z-Null und Werkzeuglänge