file Frage Some problems and missing parts

Mehr
10 Jul 2015 14:42 #23279 von jvalencia
Some problems and missing parts wurde erstellt von jvalencia
Hi, I received my 840 today and I'm missing some parts.

I got 3x59, while the manual requires 4. I suppose I'd have to mail stepcraft and ask for it. I'm also going to check every part right now.

The problem I have are the screws M6x10 that fit in part 59. Do I have to shorten them? How? cutting them? Because there is no fit.

check the photos:

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
10 Jul 2015 18:12 #23292 von hale2160
hale2160 antwortete auf Some problems and missing parts
That looks a long way off. I had a similar problem with mine, I held the screws in soft jaws in a vice and simply filed them to the correct length. You might want to hacksaw a small amount off them file them. Before you cut the screws run a m6 nut down the thread so any flattened threads will be repaired when you take the nut off.

Did you buy your stepcraft direct or from a dealer? Very frustrating with missing part, hope you get it soon!

Hal

SC840, HF500, UCNNC, Vcarve Pro, Turbo Cad

Mehr
10 Jul 2015 21:26 #23299 von jvalencia
jvalencia antwortete auf Some problems and missing parts

hale2160 schrieb: That looks a long way off. I had a similar problem with mine, I held the screws in soft jaws in a vice and simply filed them to the correct length. You might want to hacksaw a small amount off them file them. Before you cut the screws run a m6 nut down the thread so any flattened threads will be repaired when you take the nut off.

Did you buy your stepcraft direct or from a dealer? Very frustrating with missing part, hope you get it soon!

Hal

Hi, I did the same, filed them for 2 mm and now it fits perfectly.

I bought it from stepcraft-systems, sent them an email.

One thing I found is some of my track rollers in the Z axis won't turn if I apply some force to the screws (like the manual says). That's not suppose to happen I think.

Also, the wires were a pain to insert in the tubes!

I've finished the Z axis I think.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad