file Frage How do you clean the screw rods??

Mehr
28 Aug 2015 11:04 #24636 von jvalencia
How do you clean the screw rods?? wurde erstellt von jvalencia
Mine are already filled with dust adhered to the grease.

How do you proceed?

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
28 Aug 2015 12:27 #24643 von hale2160
hale2160 antwortete auf How do you clean the screw rods??
Not sure if this is right, but my father many years ago used service typewriters and other delicate machinery and used methylated spirits to clean grease etc. off the parts.

Maybe avoid the sealed bearings

Hal

SC840, HF500, UCNNC, Vcarve Pro, Turbo Cad

Mehr
28 Aug 2015 15:07 #24648 von jvalencia
jvalencia antwortete auf How do you clean the screw rods??

hale2160 schrieb: Not sure if this is right, but my father many years ago used service typewriters and other delicate machinery and used methylated spirits to clean grease etc. off the parts.

Maybe avoid the sealed bearings

Hal

mmm that's the thing, the bearings, I'll have to dismount the Z axis (headaches incoming!)

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Mehr
28 Aug 2015 16:57 #24649 von tikka
tikka antwortete auf How do you clean the screw rods??
I use dry Katrin Plus Poly cleaning " towels ". I cut one large sheet into several smaller ones and clean the threaded rods, guiding rails etc with them.

Stepcraft 600SF (version 1) parallel port
Proxxon IBS/E
Mach3
devCad Cam Pro; devWing Cam; devFus Cam; Profili Pro 2

Mehr
28 Aug 2015 17:54 #24652 von jvalencia
jvalencia antwortete auf How do you clean the screw rods??

tikka schrieb: I use dry Katrin Plus Poly cleaning " towels ". I cut one large sheet into several smaller ones and clean the threaded rods, guiding rails etc with them.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Mehr
09 Dez 2016 22:02 #40405 von MMorao
MMorao antwortete auf How do you clean the screw rods??
How do you clean the screw rods? What a silly question, I shower once a day, more if needed. :whistle:

Clockwork Orange is a S600 with 4th axis, Kress 1050. Software is UCCNC, DeskProto, Rhino, DraftSight. Also a Silhouette Cameo for vinyl, plastic card, etc.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: bvs

Mehr
16 Dez 2016 03:53 #40733 von Doug
Doug antwortete auf How do you clean the screw rods??
I use a soft, lint free cloth and neat isopropyl alcohol which can be bought cheaply in reasonable quantities from several eBay suppliers in the U.K. I don't know about other countries.

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), dsgb.net

Mehr
19 Dez 2016 10:51 #40900 von unclebuck
unclebuck antwortete auf How do you clean the screw rods??
i just spent two days cleaning and servicing our S840. i use blue rip paper towel off a roll, and then run the machine in fast travel back and forth holding the towel around the thread. Once the thread is pretty clean i brush off the build up and repeat and wipe away. Taking a clean towel i fold it several times and apply a clear light 3in1 machine oil to the paper towel and hold around the threaded rod and travel it back and for, repeating this for each axis. with the axis in center positions for each i then apply a thin run of machine oil over the exposed threaded rod, and also into the bearing cages.

Run the machine back and fore each axis a few times and apply a little more oil and all is good, i used the low viscosity, clear 3 in 1 oil.

I also have ambersil spray machine oil to lubricate the internal guide roller bearings as this has a small tube to allow reaching tight places.

The machine is running very smoothly and is now settled for the xmas period for use ready in the new year.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: MMorao