file Frage Mods to Stepcraft Ver. 1

• Stuart Mellor
  • Stuart Mellors Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
14 Okt 2015 21:13 #25922 von Stuart Mellor
Mods to Stepcraft Ver. 1 wurde erstellt von Stuart Mellor
When I saw the cable management improvements on the 600 ver.2 I was prompted to try something similar on my ver.1.....
Photo explains all - but it was simple to rearrange the cabling using the existing wiring loom. The wires from the X axis motor need shortening & the cutoffs soldering to the Z axis wires to extend them. Thats all - the only extras required are some heatshrink and some cabletie/standoffs.

Now I can use long material lengths without the hassle of snagging the cabling...

Also -I was always catching or damaging the plug-in connectors at the edge of the machine - so I have turned the circuit board thru 180 & lead out the cables thru a cable tidy. Now its impossible to damage these vulnerable components.(When you are used to the machine - you don't need to see the indicator lights all the time!)

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: mcc, MagIO2, bvps, AnyOtherName, Turtleman

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• speedo
  • speedos Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • 420v1 / Sorotec Vakuumtisch / EstlCAM+CNC
Mehr
15 Okt 2015 08:07 #25929 von speedo
speedo antwortete auf Mods to Stepcraft Ver. 1
Hi Stuart,

looks nice, but are you sure it's a better solution? I see the problem of jamming the power cord of the spindle. I cnc'ed two cable clips. This is doing the job perfectly:

Find the dxf here:
https://www.stepcraft-systems.com/forum/show-us-your-stepcraft-creations/806-plastic-cable-clips-cable-tidy#8122

Daniel
zenziwerken.de « dxf-downloads von kreativen Projekten
cnc-wiki.de « lesen ... lernen ... fräsen

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

• Stuart Mellor
  • Stuart Mellors Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
15 Okt 2015 21:25 #25951 von Stuart Mellor
Stuart Mellor antwortete auf Mods to Stepcraft Ver. 1
Hi Speedo,
yes, its a big improvement - materials much longer than the bed (typically 900 - 1200mm) are no longer a problem -I was always watching the cabling for snagging. Now , I can leave it unattended & just listen to the spindle stopping from another room!

Re the spindle cabling - should have taken the photo with the cable in its proper place - clipped overhead with an elastic tensioner!

When I did the mod I just stuck the circuit board in place with 4 pieces of 1.5mm double sided mounting tape, with the intention of bolting in place later - but the fixing was so firm, I decided to leave it.