• Mel_Nichols
  • Mel_Nicholss Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
16 Dez 2015 22:11 #28247 von Mel_Nichols
Installation Issues - Not able to Jog wurde erstellt von Mel_Nichols
Hi All,
Wonder if you can help a newbie. Have assembled the 840 as per the instructions, greased etc, etc.
I get all the correct lights on the USB connector and the Control Board, Software all installed and licence installed.
My issue is when I load the software and try to manually use the "Jog" function to move the head, nothing happens. It seems the motors only move when I press the AXIS (X,Y or Z -) buttons on the software, Nothing on the + button icons.
Just to be clear, the head does not move around the base,in a smooth motion (as per the videos I have seen) i can just see the grub screws on on the screw thread move very slightly now and then, very slightly, every time I press the button.
I have changed the values (.001, 0.10, 1.00 etc) but with no luck.
Finally, all the wiring has been checked and looks OK.
Any idea??

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
16 Dez 2015 22:59 - 16 Dez 2015 22:59 #28250 von jonalm
Are you using uccnc. make sure its set to continuous and not set to step, on the keyboard keypad make sure numlock is off.
Letzte Änderung: 16 Dez 2015 22:59 von jonalm.

• Mel_Nichols
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
17 Dez 2015 09:27 #28257 von Mel_Nichols
Mel_Nichols antwortete auf Installation Issues - Not able to Jog
Thanks for the reply Jonalm,
I have tried both the Continuous and Step By Step but to no avail.
Have not checked the NumLock, will check that today but I am using the mouse to click the buttons

Mehr
17 Dez 2015 11:13 - 17 Dez 2015 11:14 #28265 von jonalm
I think there is a bug with uccnc when you change the jog feed percentage. If you click it fast it stops the motors from continually moving or they just move in tiny increments. It does this with my laptop, it you change the jog feed one click at a time slowly its fine. Rebooting the software is what i have to do if it does that.

I would also make sure the motion controller in the parallel port is fully seated.
Letzte Änderung: 17 Dez 2015 11:14 von jonalm.

• Mel_Nichols
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
17 Dez 2015 19:40 #28280 von Mel_Nichols
Mel_Nichols antwortete auf Installation Issues - Not able to Jog
Thanks very much.
It seems you were correct about the mouse clicks. I rebooted the PC (rebooted the CNC a few times already), when I used the keyboard and select the continuous all works as (I think) it should.
Now on to the fun stuff :)